Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Flight One GTN750 in P3D v2.3, CTD

I had my GTN 750 working in P3d v2.2, and downloaded the latest version (compatible with P3D2.3) when I did a clean install of P3D v2.3. I'm experiencing a CTD when loading an a/c (Real-Air Duke v2 and the default KingAir 350) that I have configured to use the GTN 750 with. I've also found that de-configuring the GTN 750 by using the Configurator isn't enough, I also need to restore the panel.cfg file as well.

The version of the GTN750 installer that I have is 1.0.0.3. I'm sure that I downloaded the correct installer that stated compatibility with P3D v2.3. Is anyone having the same issue, or is anyone running the GTN 750 OK?

Thanks for any help or clues for this issue.

Bruce.

Bruce, although I have downloaded both the 750 and 50 installers for v2.3, I've not had time yet to install them. I'll try to set aside a few moments tomorrow to do just that and let you know how it goes for me...

...<Fingers-Crossed-Mode-ON> :wink:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks Fr. Bill, much appreciated. If you get a chance to confirm v 1.0.0.3 of the F1 installer that would also be welcome info.

Thanks, Bruce.

Just wondering if anyone (especially Bill) has anything to report on getting the F1 GTN750 running in P3D v2.3 (fresh install)?  I have been working with Tiberiu (who has been very helpful) at Flight 1 by PM to get a solution to this, including a subsitute .dll file,  but so far no go.  I've sent Tiberiu some info from AppCrashView so hopefully that will help.  The first time I have had trouble with an odd-on that I didn;t expect for a long time.

Thanks,  Bruce.

@brucek,

Just to let you know that I am running GTN750 (GTN750P3D.exe - File Version 3.0.0.3) with P3Dv2.3 (patched, not a fresh install) with the Beech King Air 350 without any CTD. I am on Windows7. The F1T_GTN.exe is File version 9.0.1.0 and is in the default install location. The GTN Simulator.exe is File Version 2.0.0.3 and is in the default install location. F1GTNConfigP3D.exe is in the P3D(root)\F1TGTN location and is File Version 1.0.1.0. (Don't know versions of my C++ libraries)

These are the modified panel.cfg lines:

[Window11]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=937,887
ident=14401
window_pos= 0.660, 0.000
window_size= 0.340, 0.580
zorder=99
gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750,  0,0,937,887,UNIT1.POP
[Window12]
size_mm=255,800
Position= 0
window_size= 0.058, 0.243
visible=1
ident=14400
zorder=100
gauge00=F1GTN!GTNStack,  0,0,255,870

The P3D(root)\gauges\ dlls are
F1GTNDVC.dll 796 kb
gtnInterface.dll  1200 kb
F1GTN.dll 2259 kb

Good luck on locating the problem!

Dave

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Sorry to hear of your troubles Bruce. I was fortunate and successfully re-installed the P3D 2.3 version of the GTN750. I have not seen any kind of problems or CTD's.

Best of luck at hunting down the issue. 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Thanks Dave and Greg,

This product is too good to give up on....and besides I'm challenged - I haven't had this much trouble running something that I know should work in years.

Something I'm looking at is whether I'm having trouble having old version files not being deleted by the un-installer (I uninstall through the Control Panel, Programs). Dave- I see the list of .dll's that I gather is in the \gauges folder (thanks). Are Gauge00 in Windows 11, 12 in the folder F1GTN (if so, I assume that is in the P3D root?). (I'm not at home yet to see for myself)

One of the reasons that I'm concerned that I'm not getting a good un-install and therefore not being potentially re-installed correctly, is that the installer is done in a "blink of an eye", which indicated to me that maybe the installer was missing stuff- who knows...

Thanks again to you both, Bruce.

Update, in case it helps anyone else here:

Tonight I tried running P3D v2.3 "as administrator" (right click and choose from the .exe file in the P3D root), and it works 2 times out of 2.

I have never had to do this before... can anyone tell me if there is a way to have "Run as Administrator" permanently on so that I can still drag my shortcut to the task bar and have it work?

Thanks,  Bruce.

Right click on the icon, properties, check box in run as admin

I have the same setup with GTN 750 and P3D 2.3. The unit works fine as long as I do not try to link it to any VC gauge. Happy to post dll version numbers if this helps.

Did anyone succeed in setting up a VC with a working pop-up of the GTN?, e.g. for the A2A Cherokee?

Hans

"I had my GTN 750 working in P3d v2.2, and downloaded the latest version (compatible with P3D2.3) when I did a clean install of P3D v2.3. I'm experiencing a CTD when loading an a/c (Real-Air Duke v2"

Is the Duke v2 working in P3D ok without a oroduct installer?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW