Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

Question for Legacy Flyers

I have been playing around with some different settings with Ver 2.3 this afternoon. I am not a big watcher of FPS but I noticed that when I load the Legacy I drop about 30-35 FPS as compared with one of the default planes. This is with clear skies sitting on the ramp at KPNS. This is with pretty middle of the road settings. I have been flying this AC with 2.2 and never noticed it being this hard on the system. I am wondering if maybe it is not playing as well with ver 2.3. Anyone one else notice a difference?

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I noticed that when I load the Legacy I drop about 30-35 FPS as compared with one of the default planes. This is with clear skies sitting on the ramp at KPNS....

I hope to hear back that you meant the frame rate drops to 30–35 FPS instead of drop from whatever it was 30–35 FPS!!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I hope to hear back that you meant the frame rate drops to 30–35 FPS instead of drop from whatever it was 30–35 FPS!!

Chas

With a default airplane I get about 60 FPS with no clouds and just parked on the ramp. I change to the Legacy and it drops right down to 30 FPS. So that is a drop of 30FPS just to load the Legacy. Seems like way to much.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

It's probably the glass cockpit. Those planes not made for P3D cause problems.  I love the legacy but gave it up due to bad FPS.  

Same thing here, 35fps with the Legacy and 55-58fps after swapping it for the default Baron. The Legacy flies fine though, plenty smooth enough for me not to leave it in the hangar.   

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Same thing here, 35fps with the Legacy and 55-58fps after swapping it for the default Baron. The Legacy flies fine though, plenty smooth enough for me not to leave it in the hangar.

Hello I haven't actually checked my frame rate cause it's my number one GA Aircraft; it's somewhere around 30 to 40 .

I can tell you one thing, there is a horrible gyro drift as much as 100° depending on how many turns you've made and how often you've adjusted; even with gyro drift set off in settings.

I understand that in the real world you should adjust your gyro to agree with your magnetic compass, every 15 minutes or so in straight and level flight

It flies like a dream and only surpasses my SF-260 for GA flight. Yes, I know they're Real Air has said many times that it is not for prepared 3-D but I just love this little bugger so I'll put up with its foibles.

Regards,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Thanks for the feedback. It is a great little airplane and I do love to fly it. I sure hope they get it working in P3D. I personally would gladly pay full price again for the updated version. It is still smooth enough to fly in Ver 2.3 and well worth putting up with the FPS impact for now.

Sam

Shivers, did you use the latest update of the Estonian Migration Tool to install the Legacy in 2.3 or the prior developmental build? I had it installed and flying fine with the same FPS as 2.2; however, I I lost several sounds in 2.3 such as the flaps and gear when I installed it with the latest tool version.  I didn't get a chance to install it using the developmental build due to other 2.3 issues.

Ryan

Shivers, did you use the latest update of the Estonian Migration Tool to install the Legacy in 2.3 or the prior developmental build? I had it installed and flying fine with the same FPS as 2.2; however, I I lost several sounds in 2.3 such as the flaps and gear when I installed it with the latest tool version.  I didn't get a chance to install it using the developmental build due to other 2.3 issues.

Yes, I used the latest tool. All the sounds seem to work just fine for me. I tend to agree with the others that since this was not designed to work with P3D, we just have to hope the developers are able to do the tweaking and come out with a patch. This hobby is just in a state of flux right now. A year ago we had great Add ons but had to deal with the trashy incomplete work that MS put out with FSX and now we have a great Sim from LM and have to wait for good updated GA aircraft to be released. We live in amazing times and I am sure mankind will soon be headed to Mars but we still can't seem to create the chicken and the egg at the same time....LOL!! :wacko:

Sam

Found the same with the Legacy in P3D so removed it. The SF-260 is gorgeous in P3D. Just a pity that my P3D keeps crashing. Oh well - it's equally as lovely in FSX :D

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg