Sign in to follow this  
mikced76

VoxATC and TMA, controlled airspace

Hi,

I dont know if this is an error on my end or not but when on a VFR flight plan VoxATC detects controlled airspace and suggest I contact the facility for a clearance to pass through the relevant airspace. So far so good but in real life there are absolutely no controlled airspace surrounding these small Airports that I pass on my route. In addition I am at an altitude that is really in a big TMA (Stockholm) which is class B airspace as far as I know and of this VoxATC makes absolute no notice.

My question is, where does VoxATC get its airspace information? I know I can make some updates to frequencies and names by editing an Airport in AFX editor but in terms of a large TMA how do I update that? Perhaps the developer should allow Airac data to be included in VoxATC for the most updated airspace structure?

Mike        

Mike,

VoxATC use Airac data for LevelD, which you should download, install and setup in VoxATC Advanced Settings.

But this is only for SID/STAR as far as I have understood not to update the world airspace?

Mike

But this is only for SID/STAR as far as I have understood not to update the world airspace?

Mike

In addition to SID and STARs the Airac data contains files / data for:

Airports, approaches, navaids, fixes and airways.

But nothing to support terminal controlled airspace or other restricted areas shown on maps e.g.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Mike

Yes, but I read your post as VoxATC did not include Airac data at all.

Regarding airspace, as I understand it, VoxATC use a fixed altitude and distance to determine these limits.

Sometime this works fine, but it may cause problems in other airspace that cannot easily be included in this 'formula'.

It would be a nice feature to have, but I am not even sure these data are available in an updated form like the Airac data?