Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

Any Good Johannesburg Scenery

Hi Everyone

As the time suggests, I am looking for a good Johannesburg scenery.  Does anyone know of a good one available, either freeware or payware?

Many Thanks

Barra

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

Hi Barra,

I would say the best is by "NMG Trading". Google the name and you should find their site OK. They do most of South Africa's larger and many smaller airports. Maybe not to the same quality as some of the really good ones out there but prices are reasonable (pay ware) and the accuracy of the airports is pretty good. Also respectable frame rates. Aerosoft are working on a new airport package for Johannesburg, but no idea when it will be released.

Another good source for freeware airports is Aeroworx. I believe they do a decent FAOR also. They also do a very decent mesh, landclass and vector upgrade for most of Africa (again freeware) that works well with FTX Global base also.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Many thanks ghutcheon.

Barra

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

I haven't flown around Joburg yet, but Orbx Global + Vector makes Cape Town come alive. I was just there in "real life", and I was amazed at how accurate the sim was. Maybe combine that with land class from Aeroworx if that's compatible? I may try that myself.

Hi There,

Also +1 for Aeroworx. I have all their scenery for airports and major cities in SA, also all their land class, terrain mesh, roads/rail rivers and waterways for southern Africa. I used to live there and believe me it is extremely near to the real thing. I have their upgraded FAJS and it is accurate.

They also have very good scenery for FS9(all freeware).

Mike

Aerosoft is working on that one!

Yeah, it's the same one as the link I posted above. ASDG seem to be developers working on it with Aerosoft as the distributor. Looks good!