This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Hangar Chat" to "MOBO, RAM, CPU's & Other Hardware". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I would advise you get yourself an intel chip, i5 or i7, they are much better and faster than AMD

While FSX is very much CPU dependant, in reality it is about a complete system, as one component compliments the other. Having said that, going to a Intel CPU as suggested for starters is a good idea.

I would recommend that you read the recent topics on the first couple of pages in this forum and you will see a few discussions on what you need and what you can compromise on when it comes to a FSX rig, depending on your budget.

One thing is for sure, you will have to up your budget to a certain extent to get yourself a rig that will run FSX to a half decent level.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

What about the pentiums?

I would say not an option. Although I am happy with my rig as it is at the moment, it's only a matter of the time it takes me to save my pennies for an upgrade to go for the latest CPU + MB ( which mean's my ram as well), so if you are looking for a new FSX rig now, why buy something already obsolete. Having said that, if you are going to be satisfied with something like a 3570k and a half decent GPU, it definitely will run FSX for you.

My advice though, is either go for the latest now or wait until you can afford to.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

I have an i5 3330 @ 3.2 Ghz which is substantially faster than the Athlon x4 760K (along with a GTX 750ti), and I get around 20fps with mostly medium settings in the NGX. You would about 13 fps or less in the NGX...

Just get an i5/i7. You can save some $$ by getting 4 or 6 gigs of RAM. You can even ditch the 650 and look at an AMD 7750/7770. Put that extra money towards the CPU.

You can even ditch the 650 and look at an AMD 7750/7770. Put that extra money towards the CPU.

My money is on Nvidia GPU + Nvidia Inspector for FSX.

Edit: + Intel CPU of course.

Rick Hobbs

There's no tweaks to fundamentally change the way FSX works.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Running in DX10 can help offload CPU some but can also induce new issues(gfx glitches, stutter, etc.; depends on persons system and settings.

Bottom line is that you build your rig in accordance with your requirements and if you cannot afford to meet those requirements, you compromise.

If you want something reasonably satisfactory, then my advice is 3570k + 2g 770 + 8g Ram (1600 or better) + 750w PSU (good brand name) + good brand name basic Z77 Mobo ( I like Asus).

Overclocked to around 4.3g and properly set up in NI with realistic AI % will give you "average" 30 FPS at a pay ware airport in a PMDG a/c.

According to your budget you go up or down from there and so will performance (FPS + Display quality)

Rick Hobbs

Here's my build to help you get an idea of what you need to get a minimum of 20 fps in FSX. It's a cheap Acer with a GPU modification. I've got an i5 3330 @ 3.2ghz, a GTX 750ti (put this in myself), 6 GB of RAM and a 1 TB HDD (7200rpm). If I use the FSDT KJFK v2 scenery, the PMDG NGX, Rex with overdrive, 80% WOAI traffic, and DX10, I get a steady and locked 23 fps which is still very playable. Dont forget... This isnt a fast paced fps where you need 60fps.

The game rarely crashes and doesn't stutter. You don't necessarily need an OC'd i7 with a 770 to play FSX. Sure it helps and gets you higher fps, but look at me. I spent about $575 on my PC and the game runs pretty damn well.

Hope this helps :) and sorry for any typos. Im on mobile