Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Pilatus PC12 (In development)

I click on the video and it says, "This video is private".

Sorry, should be fixed now. Youtube messed with the settings after I saved it as Unlisted.

Nice video. Performance doesn't look too bad. However, being that I use P3D exclusively, I'm going to hold out until there is a Flight 1 GTN option, which I hope is in the works.

The video looks really nice. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Nice video Propane, thanks for posting that so quick. Was that a full power (throttle full forward) takeoff? Looks like the governor is limiting power correctly if so.

-Bob

Found this YouTube video with a landing then takeoff.  The landing shows a steep approach and a near 3-point landing.  Takeoff looks to be one notch of flaps and a hint of rotation before liftoff.

Anyone with the plane get the same behavior in the sim?

Also this video has a great narrative about PC-12 ops during a descent including using the flight director for guidance to hand fly the approach.

Nice video Propane, thanks for posting that so quick. Was that a full power (throttle full forward) takeoff? Looks like the governor is limiting power correctly if so.

-Bob

Nearly full power yes, it seems to limit just fine to 44psi for takeoff. I was flying with an Xbox 360 controller, so no throttle axis, but I reduced power a bit below throttles against the stops.

Found this YouTube video with a landing then takeoff.  The landing shows a steep approach and a near 3-point landing.  Takeoff looks to be one notch of flaps and a hint of rotation before liftoff.

Anyone with the plane get the same behavior in the sim?

Sounds about right from what you can see in my video. It will rotate by itself if you let it and the nose attitude with full flaps on landing makes it a bit different to flare, at the end you can see my landing was nearly a 3-pointer as well.

Can you post some screenshots? The shots from Carenado look great but I always take developers' screenshots with a grain of salt...

Craig, do you still have the PC12 video from Flight Video Productions? I used to have it (purchased through their site, not SimMarket), but lost it and when I contact the company via their site, I get no response.

Yes I do have it.     Drop me a PM.

Great recommendation for the video, thanks Craig!

Just bought the video Craig mentioned from pcaviator.com (could not find it on simmarket).

You're welcome. :smile:

Simmarket may have stopped selling the Flight Video Production PC-12 video now, but you can buy it also from Flight Sim Store. 

Here it is :-

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=73&products_id=415

The question to ask is in regard to taxi behaviour.

Does it shoot off like a rocket during taxi, and suffer from the usual dodgy FSX turboprop taxi behaviour, or does it taxi realistically?

The question to ask is in regard to taxi behaviour.

Does it shoot off like a rocket during taxi, and suffer from the usual dodgy FSX turboprop taxi behaviour, or does it taxi realistically?

Yep, exactly.    This makes Carenado's other t/props so miserable to use (especially the PA46T), although their C208 never seemed quite to bad with this.

That's the question I need answering before I consider a purchase.

Majestic got round this of course by using NASA software to code the flight dynamics. Something tells me the Carenado Pilatus will be just a defective in regard to taxing behaviour as we fear. Especially given the speed with which Carenado churn out add-on's.

Majestic got round this of course by using NASA software to code the flight dynamics. Something tells me the Carenado Pilatus will be just a defective in regard to taxing behaviour as we fear. Especially given the speed with which Carenado churn out add-on's.

The RealAir Turbine Duke used an internal FDE and didn't have a problem.  Works fine.  It can be done.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

That's strange Greg. I have the RealAir Duke Turbine too, and have taxi issues. Maybe it's my technique.

I'm in a flight at the moment in the piston, I'll switch to the turbine when I land and do some experiments.

That's strange Greg. I have the RealAir Duke Turbine too, and have taxi issues. Maybe it's my technique.

I'm in a flight at the moment in the piston, I'll switch to the turbine when I land and do some experiments.

If I remember (*if*), I taxi around 12 Ng.  Ng is more responsive so better to watch than torque for taxiing.

Gregg Seipp