Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

Ariane Design

Just out of curiosity I would like to ask about this developer.

I remember, long time ago I had their 737 for FS9, and it was great plane to fly, I enjoyed her so much.

I am wondering why this developer is banned, or even expelled from FS world?

There are no any news, no even customers who claims,praise or doing some sort of comparisons, simply utter silence.

Why AD is such niche developer ?

They do great 737, a bit pricey with troublesome activation, but finally their 737 is really nice.

So why ?

Artur 

I believe it was because they had no support at all.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

It's actually a little more involved. The "problem" goes back some 15 years now. Fire up Google and search for Ariane Design. Lots of good reading. Also, search for Peter Tishma. More good reading. Lack of support was/is a major issue but there's more to the story. Nothing like a little intrigue..... :rolleyes:

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Just forget them, simply buy the PMDG 737, end of. Or iFly for P3D.

The above only ever made money because no one else had made a 737.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

AVSIM did a great review of their 737 which has all the information you want about the problems our members went through. It should refresh your memory - http://www.avsim.com/pages/0709/Ariane/737.htm .

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Or, from way-back-when.....  http://www.avsim.com/pages/0902/pt_again.html  . I actually miss those days. Kind of like the wild-west period of simming.....

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

April 2001. I was in Kuwait and got a message from American Airlines, returning my call. Subject; Tishma's "rights" under their license agreement. What an enlightening conversation that was for the AA folks.

1. The base airplane is very very expensive, there is no liveries only the Boeing colour, for only 1 model like 737-800. If you want the 737-900 or 737-700 too, you have to pay the same price again.

2. For liveries I don´t know,  5-6 Liveries? You have to pay again.

3 You are not allowed to paint some liveries and upload it on avsim.

and so on.

April 2001. I was in Kuwait and got a message from American Airlines, returning my call. Subject; Tishma's "rights" under their license agreement. What an enlightening conversation that was for the AA folks.

I remember those days so well Tom. One thing about Peter, he had big ones.....

Doug

1. The base airplane is very very expensive, there is no liveries only the Boeing colour, for only 1 model like 737-800. If you want the 737-900 or 737-700 too, you have to pay the same price again.

2. For liveries I don´t know,  5-6 Liveries? You have to pay again.

3 You are not allowed to paint some liveries and upload it on avsim.

and so on.

I'm stunned. :Hypnotized:

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I met Peter Tishma when I visited the RC Simulation's FS Show at the National Motorcycle Museum near Birmingham, England in the late 90's or early noughties. Pete Dowson was with me and PT was sucking up to him big time. I'll not forget that for a while.

Those were happy days when we had annual shows where you could meet so many people you only knew on forums. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I met Peter Tishma when I visited the RC Simulation's FS Show at the National Motorcycle Museum near Birmingham, England in the late 90's or early noughties. Pete Dowson was with me and PT was sucking up to him big time. I'll not forget that for a while.

Was PT wearing his airline pilot's uniform with the four gold bars (like he did at another show / convention)?  :rolleyes:

Was PT wearing his airline pilot's uniform with the four gold bars (like he did at another show / convention)? :rolleyes:

:Big Grin: I'm sure I would have remembered that Tom. No, I think he was in civvies. Perhaps the uniform was at the cleaners.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather