Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

Ariane Design

I met Peter Tishma when I visited the RC Simulation's FS Show at the National Motorcycle Museum near Birmingham, England in the late 90's or early noughties. Pete Dowson was with me and PT was sucking up to him big time. I'll not forget that for a while.

Those were happy days when we had annual shows where you could meet so many people you only knew on forums. :smile:

God, how I miss those days. Those of us who have been simming for 25-30 years really have to reflect on how lucky we are. There was even a time when we talked about flight parameters and FDE's instead of bird flocks and missing cruise ships. Or, maybe it's just the musings of an old man.....

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Why would anyone look any further than PMDG or iFly, for an accurate 737NG experience in flight simulator? People...it does not get any better than these two Boeings! (unless you just go out and buy a real one.)

God, how I miss those days. Those of us who have been simming for 25-30 years really have to reflect on how lucky we are. There was even a time when we talked about flight parameters and FDE's instead of bird flocks and missing cruise ships. Or, maybe it's just the musings of an old man.....

Old? You're not old Doug. Methuselah, now that's old! :Big Grin:

Ah yes, the days when CompuServe ruled and you were just a number. 100651.450. That was me. God, I'm showing my age. :BigGrin:  Can't say I remember FDEs or flight parameters but I do remember flying in DOS and worrying that 640kb of memory was going to run out!

People...it does not get any better than these two Boeings! (unless you just go out and buy a real one.)

Well if you want to get to places really quickly there is always Concorde. 23 miles a minute at 60,000ft and sipping champagne. Everything else is just too slow. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3e5i6SGOtA

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

A lot of nostalgia came into this post :), but still there is no answer why people do not talk even about AD ?, if nobody is buying their planes so how they stay in this business for so many years ?.

Now AD is doing something completely new - new secret project is going on.

Artur 

I met Peter Tishma when I visited the RC Simulation's FS Show at the National Motorcycle Museum near Birmingham, England in the late 90's or early noughties. Pete Dowson was with me and PT was sucking up to him big time. I'll not forget that for a while.

Those were happy days when we had annual shows where you could meet so many people you only knew on forums. :smile:

Hi Ray..

Wasn't that Tishma's show setup that I did my keyboard flight in the Lear under Tower Bridge ?

I used to fly using the keyboard then. I recall that he was a little mad when he found that I had edited the config file to accommodate my keyboard commands for the throttle and flaps, which I used at that time. I had to disable his stick and yoke in order to use the keyboard. I dunno why he was so mad....I had made a backup first... :rolleyes:

(which BTW I still use, Ctrl/del for full deployment, Ctrl/* for full retract & '*' for full throttle/'.' for throttle cut)

It was a good show that year - I think that is when I ordered my UK VFR scenery - the first photoreal product for the UK....(..and suffered a domestic after the wife found that I'd spent almost £100 on scenery for a 'Game'...)

Regards

Bill

Mornin' Bill,

I vaguely remember you flying the Lear using the keyboard. Crikey, that took some skill! But the show at the NMM went on for many years and I'm sure it was Bob Sidgewick of RC Sims that organised it. Tishma just turned up and made out he was the big cheese.

I don't recall any of PT's software other than the Ariane 737 and I never went near it mainly because of the price and the growing negative publicity.

I remember the 2003 show because some bright spark had organised a computer fair on the same day and the traffic and parking was horrendous. I parked about a mile away and was so fed up I treated myself to GoFlight modules. I probably beat your £100 but didn't have to answer to anyone. :wink:  I hope you did some serious sucking up to placate her. :BigGrin:  Game indeed! :rolleyes:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Is Ariane actually in business?  I notice the copyright date on their home page is 2007 and they seem to be oriented to XP and VIsta more than anything else in their ad copy....

DJ

Apart from the fact that the DUB waypoint I entered in,was never the correct one,and you had to pay again to re-activate the software,should you upgrade your PC. 

Not been installed since the PMDG NGX came out. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

A lot of nostalgia came into this post :), but still there is no answer why people do not talk even about AD ?, if nobody is buying their planes so how they stay in this business for so many years ?.

Now AD is doing something completely new - new secret project is going on.

So the whole point of your topic was to let everyone know that Ariane is back in business ?

I found it strange that anyone would ask about Ariane when just typing the name in Google would be enough to warn you about the practices used by them . Not just with the original release ( read the review ) but the fact that you had to pay for repaints ( which were not cheap , by the way )  whereas all other developers do not .

Luckily for the most of us , we know what to expect when ( if at all ) their " NEW " product is released .

John

I'll be going and will be getting my ticket soon. I really enjoyed last year's show including a tour around the museum.

No doubt the wallet will take a hit but you can't go to a show and not spend can you? :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm sure it was Bob Sidgewick of RC Sims that organised it. Tishma just turned up and made out he was the big cheese.

Yes, it was Bob's show. After the fire in the museum in early 2004 (?), I think Bob threw in the towel on those shows.