Sign in to follow this  
BudM

10,000 feet callout

First post here.  MCE is great, but I'm wondering if there is a way for the FO to callout when passing 10,000 feet AGL.  I did a search but was not able to find anything on this topic.  Thanks

Hi there.

I don't think there is a native MCE callout for altitude.

What I do if I want a confirmation from the First Officer for an altitude. For example in passing the Transition Altitude, I do a short Vox Script for the transition e.g.:-

Captain (You)....."Transition Altitude"?

First Officer........" Passing Ten Thousand"  or "Passing Ten Thousand in the climb", whatever the altitude you desire!

If you are flying to a region with a different Transition Altitude you could script;-

Captain.........."Descent Transition Altitude"?

First Officer......."Passing Eight Thousand in the descent"

Its just an idea and one I use.

Regards

David 

First post here.  MCE is great, but I'm wondering if there is a way for the FO to callout when passing 10,000 feet AGL.  I did a search but was not able to find anything on this topic.  Thanks

There is one such call-out actually.

Because FO would only say it when the altitude is between 9900 and 10100, if you happen to be crossing that altitude so quickly that the FO doesn't get the altitude reading from the sim in a timely manner, or simply FO busy with something else, you may occasionally not get it.

In next update, will widen the window of annoucement to between 9800 and 10200, so there is less chance of it being missed.