Sign in to follow this  
AKStirling

0x80004005 error

Hi ...

have just downloaded the latest version but when I try to unpack it I get the above error  ... the file creating the issue is SetSAPI ???

Alan

Hi ...

have just downloaded the latest version but when I try to unpack it I get the above error  ... the file creating the issue is SetSAPI ???

Alan

Probably just a corrupted download caused by the strain on the servers, with many users trying to update at the same time. Avoid selecting "open" when clicking the download link.

Rather, download the package to your desktop, unzip and run "setup".

When done with the installation, run the application wizard briefly. No need for speech training.

SetSapi installs the speech engine under Windows XP only. It's not used on Vista or higher.

If running P3D V2, you will need to download and replace fsInsider.dll in \Prepar3D V2\ folder with this one

http://www.multicrewxp.com/fsInsider-for-P3DV2.zip