Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

AI aircraft using my parking spot

VOXatc-crashed FSX .. I had crash detect ON in the sim.

When VOXatc ver 6.46 finished its setup the AI traffic (a 737 in screenshot) was pushing back over my (Delta 630 call sign here is ok, forgot to change it) I was told to contact ground which was ok.

When I select any parking location I thought AI could not use it?
Also, this AI is not parked properly .. on the yellow line.

VOXatc-Crash-Traffic_zps3f39a0c6.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Unfortunately, that seems to happen quite often. I had "Traffic Density" at 100%, with my little Diamond Da40 parked at "Parking 2 - Ramp GA Small" at LIPR. And another GA Aircraft spawned right inside my cabin...

So i lowered the Traffic Density. Must have been around 70%, when Voxatc finally stopped spawning other planes right inside my Aircraft. But that still wasn't enough. Because most of the time when i taxied to the runway, i happened to end behind another plane which never entered the runway at all. Again, i had to lower Traffic Density. Finally at 30%, i was able to get off the airport, without aircraft trying to kill me or block my way to the runway.

But then, i arrived at the airport EDAB. And while parking at slot 1, i was rammed by another aircraft from an adjacent ramp on it's way to the runway. So i started the VoxATCIndexer again, hoping that maybe i had changed something in the scenery, and forgot to run it afterwards. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Whenever i put my aircraft there with the Traffic Density higher than approx. 10%, there's a plane spawning, trying to get to runway 7L, and running right through me. At least, if they take that runway because of the weather.

It's driving me crazy. More so, since i really like this ATC program. The only things missing for me, are the possibility to use a traffic addon with real schedules, and to have it loading the real weather before directing you down to the arrival airport. These two things, and VoxATC would fit my needs perfectly.

I wrote to the developer.

He said it should not happen.

I later gave him my airport and gate that caused the issue.

Send your information to him .. see what he says.

Best Regards,

I've also send a message. Not only because of that problem with AI traffic, but also because VFR in Europe. Maybe i'm doing something wrong. But after having requested a zone transit, i'm not able to get in contact with my destination airport. At least not, without restarting VoxATC. But if i don't request a transit on the way, then i can contact my destination airport without problem...

"VFR in Europe. Maybe i'm doing something wrong. But after having requested a zone transit,"

Is this like Flight Following in USA?

Best Regards,

"VFR in Europe. Maybe i'm doing something wrong. But after having requested a zone transit,"

Is this like Flight Following in USA?

Something like that. When i'm following a flight plan in vfr and i'm about to enter for example an airport zone, i get the option to request transit, by VoxATC. And when i'm granted transit, the controller tells me to notify him, when leaving zone. After that, controller tells me that frequency changing is approved. But i'm not able to contact other airport zones or my destination airport, afterwards. The option just doesn't appear anymore. If i restart VoxATC after transit, the option to contact my destination airport appears, though.

"i'm about to enter for example an airport zone,"

I see.

In USA it would be like Class B airspace.

There are crossing restrictions at various altitudes and distances from the airport.

If wanting to cross inside the restricted airspace we would contact the tower, give altitude, HDG. distance and request permission to cross.

Best Regards,

Exactly. And that's what i'm trying to do when flying VFR. Problem is simply, it only works at the first zone. After leaving that, i can't request permission at another zone, in case there is one. There's simply no option. If i'm "lucky", i get a "say again" from the controller when i try to change to another frequency.

But not only that. In those cases, i can't even get a landing clearance at my destination airport. The only way to do it, is to disable and enable VoxATC again.

"The only way to do it, is to disable and enable VoxATC again."

There is too much of this requirement with VOXatc with its current version ... have to do it prior to arrival to get correct SID/STAR / landing runway also e.g.

Not good.

Best Regards,

Well. Maybe i'm doing something wrong. But i couldn't find another way around this issue, until now. I'm only using VoxATC since a week ago. Before changing to P3D, i used RC4. And i also used PFE. And even with all it's faults, i still consider VoxATC the best ATC addon.

All i need is the possibility to contact the controllers in vfr flights, and not to have to disable the program to get the right runway at approach. Oh well. And real schedules for the AI aircraft would be nice. That slider about traffic feels totally wrong to me. There's either to much traffic at small airports, or too little at big ones (and no possibility to separate GA and scheduled traffic). Or other planes spawning inside your aircraft at the gate...

I've sent some error logs to Tegwyn. After some tests, it seems (at least concerning the airport LIPR) it's only happening at one of the parking ramps. He now tries to find out, what's the reason for that problem.

About the problem with zone transit, he wrote that he knows about it. It's really a bug and he wants to have it fixed with the next release.

Count me in too. I also encountered the VFR airport zone transit problem. It seems it plagues the european region. It happened this way in my case. After transiting to the end of the airport CTR zone, i report clear of the zone and the controler simply goes <callsign> tower, pass your message, like he has forgot about me. And no matter how many times i repeat myself he will still say pass your message. As you said the only way to clear the problem is restart the program or just avoid the airport control zone. 

The weird part is that sometimes it works and i get a frequency change approval and sometimes it goes into that loop. 

As for the part with the parking spot, i mostly keep under 50% traffic so i never encountered the problem. I found that the sweet spot for me is around 25-35%.