Sign in to follow this  
steelblackface

PMDG Tiller

Hi steelblckface,

To be quite honest with you - I don't think so... 

but before you start ranting at PMDG - I might tell you that neither the Q400 nor the Aerosoft A319 are PMDG products - And I don't think Capt. Randazzo will start hacking other Companies Products just to keep their Costumers happy.... :P

And I don't think Capt. Randazzo will start hacking other Companies Products just to keep their Costumers happy....

Just wanted to point out to avoid further confusion -

You've misunderstood Sancho's english. He is saying "PMDG, can you please give us a manual tiller similar to the ones that Aerosoft or Majestic have developed?"

(current tiller is automatic and is rotated when rudder is applied)

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Yes, I'd also like to assign the tiller to my hardware - kind of odd seing the rudder move when taxiing. 

Yes, I'd also like to assign the tiller to my hardware - kind of odd seing the rudder move when taxiing. 

Can't FSUIPC do this already?

Kyle Rodgers

Didn't know there was a tiller axis? I don't need a second rudder.

I believe there is, since I tried doing it for the MJC, but the slider I was trying to use wasn't cutting it.

Kyle Rodgers

There is an axis called "Steering Tiller" that can be sent direct to FSUIPC calibration, but it has the same effect as the normal "Rudder". Tiller and rudder move together.

Just wanted to point out to avoid further confusion -

You've misunderstood Sancho's english. He is saying "PMDG, can you please give us a manual tiller similar to the ones that Aerosoft or Majestic have developed?"

(current tiller is automatic and is rotated when rudder is applied)

Thanks for the clarification.... :rolleyes:

perfectly possible to assign another axis via fsuipc to the tiller steer option. i do this in the 777 and turn the nose wheel completely independently of the rudder using my t flight hotas by thrutsmaster slide axis works very well and feels realistic not touching the joystick to turn and also having no rudder movement when steering the nose wheel

kav

hardware axis assigned, via FSUIPC, to tiller option does not move PMDG aircrafts rudders

hardware axis assigned, via FSX menu or FSUIPC, to rudder will also move tiller due to FSX limitations

Now this is weird (or I was doing something wrong). I was trying to assign one axis as "Steering Tiller" via "Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration", and then calibrated the axis, but it would still move both rudder and steering tiller together. However, I tried to assign it as "Steering Set" via "Send to FS as normal axis" and now it works as it should. Does anyone know why's that? Shouldn't "Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration" do the trick?