Sign in to follow this  
SirStiggie

Bored

So I sat down in front of my PC this afternoon, fired up FSX and stared at the screen wondering what to do.

Should I fire up the 777 and fly to Seattle from Kingston? Done

Should I load Orbx PNW and fly around in the RealAir Legacy? Done that

Should I load up the ESDG CX 2.0 and fly around the Caribbean? Done that too

After 15 minutes I closed FSX.

I've spent a lot of money on FSX add-on's and yet, nothing jumps out at me as something I want to do now. The only thing I'm really looking forward to right now is the MilViz P180 Avant II but that's probably 12 months away.

Am I the only person to ever have this problem with summing boredom?

The only thing I'm really looking forward to right now is the MilViz P180 Avant II but that's probably 12 months away.

And then what, 3 flights and back to the same, LOL. I have enjoyed this hobby 13+ years, and what i found to keep me from being bored,.... is to have other hobbies, LOL  It's amazing how we seem to think a new addon will bring back the "magic".

Luckily my design work keeps me pretty busy and I also have GRAW1&2, Sims3, Tropico, ARMA2, Rise of flight, golf, photography, my game addons for other communities and CGI work, my girlfriend, on top of my day job to all keep me busy when I get bored with FS.

Try a VA. I used to run one and we would interact with other VAs and it was the best time I ever had simming.

Best, Michael

KDFW

I hop back and forth between FSX, DCS, Rise of Flight, Battle of Stalingrad and Cliffs of Dover. Having options helps, and makes you appreciate each program for what it has to offer.

Have you tried Vatsim? Flying FSX off line is boring and completely unrealistic IMO

ZORAN

It's amazing how we seem to think a new addon will bring back the "magic".

I know right :lol: ? Still haven't quite learned this lesson......

Try a VA. I used to run one and we would interact with other VAs and it was the best time I ever had simming.

I am a member and HR Manager for Air Jamaica Virtual.

Have you tried Vatsim? Flying FSX off line is boring and completely unrealistic IMO

Most of my flying is done on VATSIM. You are right. Simming is only really fun when you have a bunch of controllers online and you get passed off from one to the next. Ron Henderson from zMA ARTCC is the boss  B)

I switch between FSX and F1 Racing (F1 2013) which really keep's the old mind sharp.

Only draw back is that unless you want to spend time resetting up two different controller assemblies each time, you need two rigs, so I run F1 2013 on my previous FSX rig and I still get 60fps. If only I could do that with FSX.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Install photoreal scenery, only & real weather! Never boring!

Peter  Sydney  Australia

Give this site a try.  Plenty of interesting things to see.

http://www.simtours.net/

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Install photoreal scenery, only & real weather! Never boring!

Peter  Sydney  Australia

I have to agree.  I have pretty much stopped using Orbx regions and airports because of the performance hit and have been getting (and making) more and more photoscenery.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Ensure you have many other hobbies....get out of the house and enjoy the outdoors, set FSX aside for awhile.

Take a break from flightsimmming every once in a while.  Every spring and Fall I go on month long RV trips roaming around, playing golf, hiking.  When I get back and fire up FSX I really enjoy it again.

cheers.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Over the many years it's a recurring theme for some. The enthusiasm you had for putting together an IFR trip is just...gone, and just makes you shut the pc off. Personally I'm among those who find the only real cure is to just stop and do something else.

In my case I found trucking to be a fun alternative to IFR heavy iron flight - same principle of hauling something big and heavy but much simpler to execute and interesting sights along the way.

Eventually, hanging around the forums, YT etc, the itch comes back, and off you go into the blue again.

Regards,

Mark

Move away from your current Genre i.e. GA or heavy or bush and do something different.

Bob

Move away from your current Genre i.e. GA or heavy or bush and do something different.

Bob

yep, like this!!?? :lol:

zyz4Aa.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW