Sign in to follow this  
SirStiggie

Bored

Another hobby sounds like more and more like the way to go. I used to be a big fan of the Colin Mcrae Rally series until Codemasters killed that created that ###### called Dirt. Maybe time to give gaming a break altogether. That motorcycle does look interesting and I am at that age where I could probably afford it.........

this happens to me too, best to give it a break for a few months and you will get back into it, by then there will be more addons, better hardware, what not

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Try something outdoors....  I've been trying to get into jogging... it's alright... lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Try something outdoors....  I've been trying to get into jogging... it's alright... lol

My heart is willing but my knees are not able. Bicycling may be a good option though....

have you tried RC aircrafts, they are alot of fun, i sometimes take my bixler 2 out

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Another hobby sounds like more and more like the way to go. I used to be a big fan of the Colin Mcrae Rally series until Codemasters killed that created that ###### called Dirt. Maybe time to give gaming a break altogether. That motorcycle does look interesting and I am at that age where I could probably afford it.........

Since you like rally (CMR) and outdated sims with incredible mods (FSX) I highly recommend getting a copy or Richard Burns Rally and installing the latest RSRBR update. Read about it, youtube it, and dig around the RSRBR forum. The rabbit hole is deep, and the steep learning curve will make you want to blow your brains out, but it's the only way to rally on the PC. Finishing a stage is extremely rewarding and difficult.

Best part is that talented community members create real-world stages using BobsTrackBuilder and Google vector/elevation data.

Wet your beak with this video.

Yes, there is a Nicky Grist pace notes mod...

:yahoo:

Join a Gliding Club, and try cross-country soaring tasks in FSX with www.ukvga.org, offline or online at VATSIM, two new tasks published every week, every task is different and challenging.

Consider this, from Dr Helmut Reichmann, a World Champion soaring pilot:

"HAVE FUN, TRY YOUR BEST, TAKE IT EASY"

"I think the fact that fun seems to be important for gliding success is wonderful. We don't have to struggle one against the other. We try to use a very little bit of the immense power which Nature wastes in the air each day.

We get information from Nature herself, from clouds and birds, maybe from other competitors also. We may see them as companions rather than as opponents.

Maybe it's just this which leads to an international friendship among pilots from all over the world, no matter which nation or political system they come from."

... which puts very well what UKVGA offers in our virtual soaring world, a 'niche within a niche'.

WARNING: the gliding learning curve is very steep and there is a lot to set up before you can soar, but if that doesn't deter you, you will enjoy UKVGA.

Best wishes,

Phil

Air Hauler kept it interesting for me for a good while.  FSEconomy too, although I don't like it quite as much.  I'm eagerly awaiting Air Hauler 2.  How about a tour around the world?  I'm currently on a tour of Europe that is taking me to some great scenery in Orbx's Open LC. Search the libraries and you can find flight plans ready to go.

Definitely happens from time to time.   You can "delay" things a little by trying to spice it up a little and doing something different (I'm bored location-wise at the moment, so I have just downloaded the most obscure livery I could find for the Aerosoft Airbus Extended;  Yamal Airlines of Salekhard, Arctic Russia) and I've just been over to the Russian IVAO site where they have tons of free scenery for all the main cities (and some small ones like Salekhard) or Russia ..... they have charts too.

So I'm currently flying from Moscow Domededovo out to these 'wilds' of Northern Siberia to Salekhard, my new base, and I'm excited to get there.   I spiced it up further by researching the area on the net too.   I know little about Russia so this is an interesting 'project'.

But ultimately times come when you have to put away your yoke and take 2 months break away from FS and do something else.    Read some good travel books; it might whet your appetite to get 'virtual' travelling again soon.

Breaks are necessary in all hobbies and walks of life.

yep, like this!!?? :lol:

zyz4Aa.jpg

You got it my Man!  Wowa, nice bike  :wub:  I could have said "Whatever floats your boat" or "Get a life" or "Don't you have anything better to do?" or  "Whatever tickles your pickle" or "whatever floats your plane." Good luck. I think your on the right path. 

My heart is willing but my knees are not able. Bicycling may be a good option though....

Bicycling is indeed good if you're having problems with your knees. Or maybe golf? It's mostly walking occasionally interrupted by waving of iron rods and cursing. A bit like gang violence but with fancy clothes and a slightly reduced chance of personal injuries.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Thank the spirits for "tweaking." If you want to get rid of the boredom, start tweaking around inside your sim or your PC. Nothing challenges the mind like "it was fine yesterday, but today nothing works."

Really, though, multiple hobbies and activities will work alleviating the boredom of anything.

The pace of change within the simming world is really amazing, so leave for awhile and come back and it will all seem so new.

I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but the biggest contributors to FS boredom are longhaul and automation. Whilst the PMDG 777 is a technical wonder, flying one is rather boring once the novelty of the automation has worn off.

With the typical tubeliner addon you spend half an hour planning, loading and programming, a few minutes flying the first and last 6 miles of the flight and then basically nothing else other than monitoring the instruments and watching clouds. It's not like you have much scenery to look at or weather to deal with at FL370.

And in a widebody the likelihood is you'll be in the cruise for hours; many people do other stuff at this point but ultimately they're semi-chained to the PC and just finding ways to try and pass the cruise time, which seems a bit nuts! Isn't it more logical to do your flight, have your fun with that and then move on to something else?

The longer and longer I flight sim (over 12 years now), the shorter the flights and the smaller planes seem to get. PMDG's Jetstream 41 really opened my eyes up to how much fun airline flying could still be; it has just enough automation to be manageable by one person, but it's still a challenge and will keep you busy throughout the flight, not just for the first and last 15 minutes! Plus I take it to lots of smaller airfields you'd never dream of flying a widebody too.

Whilst I don't deny widebodies and big jets have their place, I think the most fun to be found with airline flying is definitely in the sub-100 seat aircraft, doing shorthaul. I use to regularly fly 3 hour flights, but I now baulk at anything more than 2.

If you have a big simming budget that you can get posh scenery and have some very enjoyable VFR too.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Whilst I don't deny widebodies and big jets have their place, I think the most fun to be found with airline flying is definitely in the sub-100 seat aircraft.

You probably have a good point, been eyeing the Q400 for a while now.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg