Sign in to follow this  

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 - 1.011 patch, Alaska video, minor issue

Thanks to a fellow AVSIM member for pointing me to the MJC Q400 1.011 beta patch ... installed and the VC view with tall bridges/pylons does seem to be solved.  However, the passenger window view still has a problem ... fortunately a very minor issue.  The aircraft performs very well, great frame rates, smooth and a challenge to fly -- the cockpit is just outstanding!  Bravo Majestic, job well done.

I did my first recording in 4K (3840 x 2160) but downsampled to 1080p.

The exact same video is available for download (840 MB) here on my Google Driver here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0Q-fAfEZwySk9PNVBVbEROZTA/edit?usp=sharing

I'm interested in feedback on what you folks see for stutters ... if you get a chance please view on YouTube HD (1080p) and then download the same video from my Google drive (do NOT view from within the browser, needs to be downloaded and then play it on Windows Media Player (do NOT use QuickTime).  

When I playback my video on YouTube I see stutters that are not in the video I uploaded ... so I'm curious to see what other's see.  I know it's a large download, but if you get a chance please let me know you stutter experience from the download version and YouTube.

Here are some screen shots (WARNING very large 3840 x 2160):

http://robainscough.com/images/4f378c9d7a26cf6698b1308b074815f7.jpg

http://robainscough.com/images/1c0c310dac5629641196153d21d6076d.jpg

http://robainscough.com/images/eee668abad9675c86b886a7345b1ca0b.jpg

Settings used: http://robainscough.com/P3D_V2.php

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob, I just finished watching your youtube video, and am now watching the dl'ed version on my 51" tv. The youtube version stutters rather badly whereas the download is quite smooth. There are some small jumps, which may be related to the Q400 FDE clock running at a higher rate than the sim clock. (125 vs 25, or 32) The jumps are the FDE re-syncing with the sim.  

Jazz

OK, I just spit a mouthful of coffee across the living room. I'm not criticizing the landing, mine are much worse, it was during the replay of your landing, (outside view) I caught sight of the pilots bracing for impact. (kissing their butts good-bye)  lolol.

Rob,

We appreciate the complements, Thank you.  We were able to eliminate the extended bridges and antennae artifacts, but as you mentioned the extended bridges still appear to visible from the passengers windows.  However I am of the belief that this in not fully a Majestic issue, my reason for saying this comes from a Vanilla installation of P3D v2.3, the Dash was not installed as yet and I was seeing the extended bridge artifact issue from the external view of the F22.  You havemore than likely done much more testing of the 2.3 beta that I did but do me a favor to verify (I was using your P3D settings for my test) - depart in the F22 from the default airport and simply fly around the Norfolk area and see if you are able to replicate seeing the extended bridges.

I am not sure if this could be a driver issue as I am using 337.88 at the moment.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I caught sight of the pilots bracing for impact.

Haha, yeah, it was a "tad" hard ... it's been a while since I've flown the Dash 8 ... pretty much ever since it stopped working after P3D V2.0 ... I've done some testing with it but never really "got familiar" with it.  Another case of jump in and go ... just testing out how 1.011 patch was working.  Now that the MJC is mostly sorted out, I'm going to start some quality learning time with it because it was one of my favorite aircraft.

I didn't realize you can set FDE clock values?  Do you happen to have the .ini parameter for this?

Cheers, Rob.

I do see flickers of what look like extended models from time to time, and that's with the stock Bonanza, which is Carenado. They don't stay there though. They sort of flick very fast.

Great stuff Rob - I would assume this patch is not for general use yet as I am not finding it ? thank you and a super smooth video on my end

Ooops found it - have to sign in with your key code

Rich Sennett

the Dash was not installed as yet and I was seeing the extended bridge artifact issue from the external view of the F22

Hi Simeon ... interesting ... I've never seen the extended bridge issue with the F22, I have used many views ... do you recall which view specifically?  I'll double check, maybe I missed it.

The extended bridges issue I have see on two other aircraft, the CS 777 and the CS L1011 but ONLY from passenger window view ... and that issues still persists in 2.3.

I'll test some more, but FYI ... the passenger window view on the MJC Q400 goes completely "gray" above a certain altitude but not always -- so far I can't figure out exactly what triggers the completely gray window.  It could very well be nVidia driver issue ... nVidia seem intent on breaking P3D v2.x.

The have missed the MJC Dash 8, but it's so good to have it back and working well enough to enjoy.  Now I'll start investing the Training materials so I can actually learn how to fly it rather than crash land it :)

Cheers, Rob.

The youtube version stutters rather badly whereas the download is quite smooth.

Appreciate you testing that for me ... that's is my exact experience also.  Not sure if it's a YouTube issue or Browser issue ... I'm using predefined YouTube 1080p HD format/spec so has me puzzled why YouTube seems to introduce stutters.

Cheers, Rob.

Cool stuff.

jime

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

The Q400 is a hand full on landings, It has taken me many attempts to even get it to land on the runway. Keeping the power set at about 18-24% (minding speed and sink rate) helps smooth out the approach and landing.

The FDE runs at a fixed clock of 125 hz whereas the sim rate is much slower. I don't believe either is adjustable.

Quote from the Majestic Control Panel Guide;

"As you might know, our addon runs its own FDE (Flight Dynamics Engine), which is totally independent from the Microsoft Flight Simulator. To provide the greater aero-dynamic accuracy, the engine executes at a fixed rate of 125Hz. Due to the fact however, that the Microsoft Flight Simulator runs on a different visual rate than the FDE, from time to time there will be inconsistencies caused by the position data not exactly matching the visual frame data. This inconsistency can be reduced by setting the FDE to FSX sync option, in which case the FDE will pay attention to the visual frames of the flight simulator and apply slight timing corrections in order to precisely match the timing of the Flight Simulator. Please note however, that this option must be disabled when the unlimited FPS option of the Flight Simulator is selected, which is due to the higher frame rate oscillations."

Jazz

ps, The Q400 is my fav as well. It's going to get even better with the pro version, and a new FFB yoke. (not included) ;o)

Heads up you have to download version 1.010 or you will get a server connection error - older versions do not work anymore also download 1.011 for the P3D V2.3

Just tried to install it with the recommended new install and I get invalid serial - thats a new one - hmmm

I think its because I didnt download from justflight store I hope trying now

Yup that was it have to get new install from seller not majestic - patch does come from Majestic

Rich Sennett

Rob, the gray window is icing or fogging. The co-pilot side window is not heated like the pilot side.

cheers, Jazz

The Q400 is my fav as well. It's going to get even better with the pro version, and a new FFB yoke.

Agree, there are a lot of really high quality aircraft coming out lately, the devs are stepping up their game with each release ... what a great time to be a flight simmer.

And thanks for the FDE info and tips ... I do plan to buy the training series and a high quality FFB Yoke in the future.

Cheers, Rob.

Agree, there are a lot of really high quality aircraft coming out lately, the devs are stepping up their game with each release ... what a great time to be a flight simmer.

And thanks for the FDE info and tips ... I do plan to buy the training series and a high quality FFB Yoke in the future.

Cheers, Rob.

Houston we have a problem - has this bird been tested with HDR on - if you go to the outside the aircraft then in the VC its very dark compared to what it is outside - if you shut off HDR problem is gone - well thats not good

Rich Sennett

Did your passengers survive the low cabin pressure at high altitude and the hard landing? :BigGrin:

But other than that, a great video. I also like flying the Dash 8Q-400 on short-distance flights, and this plane is among the best when it comes to flight dynamics and FPS friendliness.

Hi Rich, yep, I use the Q400 with hdr on, the pit seemed normal to me.

Jazz