Sign in to follow this  

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 - 1.011 patch, Alaska video, minor issue

Hi Rich, yep, I use the Q400 with hdr on, the pit seemed normal to me.

Jazz

Thanks I will reboot and try

Something is not right any ideas - you can see they are very different - Rob you seeing this ?

This only happens with HDR on without its fine

ric5ms.jpg

k2xpph.jpg

Rich Sennett

I'll setup a flight so I can compare side by side.

Jazz

I'll setup a flight so I can compare side by side.

Jazz

Thanks Jazz

Rich Sennett

When it loads VC is fine if you cycle thru the views come back in to VC problem is back - other views also become dark except for spot plane view - ok 1:00 am time to call it quits I know this is a dash problem have to wait for another fix

Rich Sennett

Houston we have a problem - has this bird been tested with HDR on - if you go to the outside the aircraft then in the VC its very dark compared to what it is outside - if you shut off HDR problem is gone - well thats not good

No issues here Rich ... you back to this problem again?

Cheers, Rob.

Something is not right any ideas - you can see they are very different - Rob you seeing this ?

HDR is based on the amount of light in the scene ... the inside the cockpit will be darker than outside the aircraft.

Rob, the gray window is icing or fogging. The co-pilot side window is not heated like the pilot side.

No, I was talking about the passenger window, not in cockpit.  I like the fogging up effect in the VC but that's not what I'm talking about.  It's a harsh gray gradient with NO Alpha at all and it's just the passenger Window view.

Hi Simeon ... interesting ... I've never seen the extended bridge issue with the F22, I have used many views ... do you recall which view specifically?  I'll double check, maybe I missed it.

The extended bridges issue I have see on two other aircraft, the CS 777 and the CS L1011 but ONLY from passenger window view ... and that issues still persists in 2.3.

I'll test some more, but FYI ... the passenger window view on the MJC Q400 goes completely "gray" above a certain altitude but not always -- so far I can't figure out exactly what triggers the completely gray window.  It could very well be nVidia driver issue ... nVidia seem intent on breaking P3D v2.x.

Hi Rob,

I have noticed this issue using the "right wing view" or any other wing view for the F22, however all other view do not present this anomaly.

Thanks for the heads up on the passenger window going completely grey...will do some investigating on this when  I get back home.

Best regards

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

No issues here Rich ... you back to this problem again?

Cheers, Rob.

HDR is based on the amount of light in the scene ... the inside the cockpit will be darker than outside the aircraft.

Rob this light difference in outside to VC view was not present on the last build of the dash - fresh install of P3D V2.3 - there should be no conflicts - the difference is day and night and is anyone else seeing this - be nice if someone could report back - thanks

Rich Sennett

I am not seeing it either Rich - have you applied the HDR "tweak" posted here?

Also change your time by an hour either way and see if that changes anything.

Rob - There's a reason many pilots call it the Crash 8 - it can be a difficult bird to land -it has almost NO flare. You must use power and pitch to stabilize your descent. Takes some practice. Actually though your landing wasn't THAT bad all things considered.  :)

BTW, I second your stutter issue with youtube.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Are all you dome lights on an such? It's just the cockpit that's dark right? That's the HDR doing that.

I'm not seeing an extreme darkness in your screenshots honestly. P3D does this if you are aiming at a light source.

I am not seeing it either Rich - have you applied the HDR "tweak" posted here?

Also change your time by an hour either way and see if that changes anything.

Rob - There's a reason many pilots call it the Crash 8 - it can be a difficult bird to land -it has almost NO flare. You must use power and pitch to stabilize your descent. Takes some practice. Actually though your landing wasn't THAT bad all things considered.  :)

BTW, I second your stutter issue with youtube.

Vic

"I am not seeing it either Rich - have you applied the HDR "tweak" posted here?"

Vic this is a good point I did - I will check that tonight after I pay the bills  lol - thanks for that didnt even think of that are using the HDR tweak ? if you are and not seeing this might not be the problem ?

Rich Sennett

the difference is day and night and is anyone else seeing this

Just curious, have you tried removing the passenger (internal wing views) view from the cyclic (don't use menus to navigate a view) and cycle thru views ... do you still see the problem?

I honestly can't see any problems with the pictures you posted.

Cheers, Rob.

Just curious, have you tried removing the passenger (internal wing views) view from the cyclic (don't use menus to navigate a view) and cycle thru views ... do you still see the problem?

I honestly can't see any problems with the pictures you posted.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob just cycling with yoke switch 

"have you tried removing the passenger (internal wing views) view from the cyclic (don't use menus to navigate a view) and cycle thru views ... do you still see the problem?

How do you do this ?

off for an hour be back

Rich Sennett