Sign in to follow this  

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 - 1.011 patch, Alaska video, minor issue

Rob - There's a reason many pilots call it the Crash 8 - it can be a difficult bird to land -it has almost NO flare. You must use power and pitch to stabilize your descent. Takes some practice. Actually though your landing wasn't THAT bad all things considered.  :)

BTW, I second your stutter issue with youtube.

Vic

It was a carrier landing, perfect! ;)  Well now that the MJC Q400 is working to my satisfaction, I'll buy some training materials and dig in.

Did you download the video via my google drive link and playback thru Windows Media player?  So far, 3 other people have indicated the YouTube version is a stuttering mess, but when they download the original from my google drive link and viewed using Windows media player it's considerably smoother.

YouTube has me puzzled ... I've tried all kinds on setting including ones YouTube recommend, and still ends up a stuttering mess on YouTube ... about the only success I had was when I uploaded at 360p.  I'm wondering if YouTube is dropping frames to reduce bandwidth requirements ... because it wasn't always like this.  Maybe it is time for me to start using Vimeo more.

Cheers, Rob.

How do you do this ?

Let me bring up my 67 page (and growing) Word document on P3D V2.x and Add-Ons Procedures and Notes ;)  

(hint hint - you should have one too) 

In order to restrict the cyclic view to just two views, VC and Spot, the following files must be changed:

…\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\cameras.cfg  (single master file)

…\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\[aircraft]\aircraft.cfg

Every individual aircraft’s aircraft.cfg will need to be modified.  Changes to be made are for each camera definition.

Example:

[CameraDefinition.0]
CycleHidden=Yes

[CameraDefinition.002]
Title = Virtual Cockpit
CycleHidden=Yes

My train of thought here is that perhaps a "Bad view" is triggering the issue ... so remove it from cyclic ... you can still get to the view if you need to, but not thru the cyclic ... this is going back to the FSX days to avoid OOMs I reduced my views to only two, VC and Spot.

Cheers, Rob.

Did you download the video via my google drive link and playback thru Windows Media player?

Yup!  You're probably right in your assumption about Youtube  controlling bandwidth.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I was talking about the passenger window, not in cockpit.

DOH!! Sorry about that. I definitely had a brain-fart on that one.

About the towering bridges, I still get those in the Q400, but they aren't a major issue for me.

Jazz

Rob,

I own the Airline2Sim videos. I totally recommend them. They also are planning to do more situations, especially when Pro comes out.

I don't even own the Q400 yet but I'm obsessed with it. I bought the printed checklist just to put in my cubicle at work... I cannot WAIT till the pro version comes out. Failures to me are paramount. I hate the fact that some skip them. Even PMDG isn't including them in the DC6 (according to a fairly old post I read)

It was a carrier landing, perfect! ;)  Well now that the MJC Q400 is working to my satisfaction, I'll buy some training materials and dig in.

Did you download the video via my google drive link and playback thru Windows Media player?  So far, 3 other people have indicated the YouTube version is a stuttering mess, but when they download the original from my google drive link and viewed using Windows media player it's considerably smoother.

YouTube has me puzzled ... I've tried all kinds on setting including ones YouTube recommend, and still ends up a stuttering mess on YouTube ... about the only success I had was when I uploaded at 360p.  I'm wondering if YouTube is dropping frames to reduce bandwidth requirements ... because it wasn't always like this.  Maybe it is time for me to start using Vimeo more.

Cheers, Rob.

Let me bring up my 67 page (and growing) Word document on P3D V2.x and Add-Ons Procedures and Notes ;)  

In order to restrict the cyclic view to just two views, VC and Spot, the following files must be changed:

Every individual aircraft’s aircraft.cfg will need to be modified.  Changes to be made are for each camera definition.

Example:

[CameraDefinition.0]

CycleHidden=Yes

[CameraDefinition.002]

Title = Virtual Cockpit

CycleHidden=Yes

My train of thought here is that perhaps a "Bad view" is triggering the issue ... so remove it from cyclic ... you can still get to the view if you need to, but not thru the cyclic ... this is going back to the FSX days to avoid OOMs I reduced my views to only two, VC and Spot.

Cheers, Rob.

yes Rob I think you are right when I go to VC there is a bright blink then gets to dark - something a miss in the view switching maybe give it a go in a few hours  :) thanks brother

Oh that being said its only with this aircraft no others

Rich Sennett

yes Rob I think you are right when I go to VC there is a bright blink then gets to dark - something a miss in the view switching maybe give it a go in a few hours  :) thanks brother

Oh that being said its only with this aircraft no others

Yeah Rich, i'm getting similar results with a carenado, and if I hold down F9 it stays brighter, and the visual distance increases dramatically to show off clouds in the distance.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Yeah Rich, i'm getting similar results with a carenado, and if I hold down F9 it stays brighter, and the visual distance increases dramatically to show off clouds in the distance.

Hmm Steve interesting I should not have to use any intervention but this aircraft is very quirky - I have never seen anything like it - is what it is I guess but will play after I get home - not heard of holding down f9 key

Rich Sennett

Cheers, Rob.

Example:

[CameraDefinition.0]

CycleHidden=Yes

[CameraDefinition.002]

Title = Virtual Cockpit

CycleHidden=Yes

Cheers, Rob.

Steve figured out a work around - if I hit F9 it fixes the view to the proper brightness if I go outside plane all is good once I go back in its all dark again and if I hit F9 it fixes it so this seems to be a problem with the Dssh configuration somewhere - hopefully this helps majestic to pinpoint it - thanks Steve man with all the answers now figure out how to fix it with out work around lol

Rob tried your edits but still have the darkness issue even though I shut down all the views except for the spot and VC views -  I will re -install it and see what happens if problem is still there I will post these findings at majestic forum

Rich Sennett

Richard have you tested the Dash 8 at night? I am having numerous issues with the lighting such as storm light, panel light, and logo lights not working. When I switch interior views the lighting brightens and dims and the panel lights go on and off. Also the panel "glow" is a little extreme like the radio used to be before the P3D patch.

Ryan

Richard have you tested the Dash 8 at night? I am having numerous issues with the lighting such as storm light, panel light, and logo lights not working. When I switch interior views the lighting brightens and dims and the panel lights go on and off. Also the panel "glow" is a little extreme like the radio used to be before the P3D patch.

Sorry Jack have not tried pulled it out of my hanger as I know these issues are not on my end

Rich Sennett