Sign in to follow this  
FLAPS15

Anyone seeing smaller stutters in P3D?

Hi all,

Just wanted to know if it is me or is it general that when looking sideways out of the cockpit the scenery seems to go past in micro stutters.

I have mine locked at 30 but it is fairly noticeable settings are not the highest. Running on a i7 2600@4.5 gtx 770 4gb 16 gb mem, I am hoping it will be better when Nvida finally get set of drivers out.....if they ever do!

Cheers

+100 what NZ255 said. I use EVGA Precision X (v4) to lock my frames at 32. This lets my fps in game, go as high as the gpu can push it, but with a minimum level of 30 fps. My  fps usually run between 30 - 70. Depending on the aircraft, cloud cover, scenery being used at the time, etc. Driver support from nVidia would be a nice touch.

Jazz

Hi all,

Just wanted to know if it is me or is it general that when looking sideways out of the cockpit the scenery seems to go past in micro stutters.

I have mine locked at 30 but it is fairly noticeable settings are not the highest. Running on a i7 2600@4.5 gtx 770 4gb 16 gb mem, I am hoping it will be better when Nvida finally get set of drivers out.....if they ever do!

Cheers

Yes I do. The same ones as in Fsx, p3d v2, p3d 2.1, and p3d 2.2

Matt Wilson

for me they are so very fine its not a concern

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Hi all,

Cheers

Yes, I have that too. With a i7 4790K@4.5 GTX780 6Gb and 16 Gb CL8 RAM. I am slowly beginning to get used to it but it bugged the hell out of me when I had just installed P3D on my brand new computer that I bought specifically for P3D... Luckily things look okay when looking straight forward. 2.3 is the same as 2.2 in that regard.

I tried all possible combination of settings (fps slider, sync, etc.) and right now I have fps locked at 33, vsync (and buffering) off and I set vsync to adaptive in the NV CP. Overall this gives me the best result but whatever I do, I can't get rid of those stutters you see when you look sideways. 

BTW I also have stutters when turning on the ground during taxi (probably because the scenery moves by a lot faster than when you turn during flying).

The 'funny' thing is that I have some saved flights to test performance but most of those have the camera looking sideways: this way all my tests with my new PC always ended in frustration because I couldn't get the sim to run well. I only saw stutters!!! When I finally started to actually fly, I noticed the stutters weren't as bad as I thought (not all the time, only when looking sideways and if you only glance sideways it isn't THAT bad). Slowly I am beginning to appreciate P3D 2.3 more and more on my new PC.

Hmm i think this is so smooth beyond everything before 2.3. 2.4 was amazing too. I am using 344.11 on a GTX780SC with Precision X unlimited fps.

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png