Sign in to follow this  
funkyj4ever

autobreak heat stays at zero

Hi,

With the 737 the brakes only get a temp reading in max brake or rto. With 1 2 3 4 autobrake the brake temp stays at zero. I dont have this problem with the 777 that gets always a temp reading with autobrake. Is this a bug in the 737? 

greets,

Jordi van der Meer

Why would it be a bug, or even a problem?

Without extra information, this is like saying "my car doesn't start".

What was your landing weight, outside air temperature, which runway, etc. etc. ?

Also: Autobrakes, not autobreaks.

Also: Autobrakes, not autobreaks.

Well...incidentally, if the feature isn't working as expected then I guess it has a problem with autobreak-ing, too.  :P

I'm with Thomas, though.  A little more information would be helpful.  Boeing's brake heat indications are not actual values.  They're some weird made up value (not directly linked to brake temperature, at least in how I read the FCOM's mention of it).  Additionally, heat soak is modeled, so it occasionally takes a little while for indications to show up.

Kyle Rodgers

When i make a landing the temps never rise and always stay on 0.0 only when i select max i get temp readings 

jordi van der meer

There's no,"extra information" in that post.

What is your landing weight, on average? What airports do you fly to? When do you disconnect the auto brake? Do you use thrust revers? If yes, idle or full reverse? Etc. etc.

As Kyle said, you can't directly read the temperature from the gauge. It's a scale. If you want to know more about it, open up the FCOM, and search for the relevant chapters.

Enough info? first landing with autobrake 3 and second with max autobrake. I have never seen temps rising with autobrake 1 2 3. Yes i waited 5 minutes. I fly  this plane for over a year. On the pmdg 777 i do have temps with any autobrake.

So is it 738 (PH-PZL), weight 69.2 tons, ground speed 150kt, no reverse?

Then according to FCOM brake cooling schedule you should have such indications on CDS:

with autobrake 3 - about 4.5 units,

Autobrake max - more than 5 units.

But this all applied to STEEL brakes category C, don't know which you were using.

And of course NGX may vary from this document, thought its obvious that difference is big so you could be right.