Sign in to follow this  
cliffardus

Can I hide the Control Columns in the default Cessna and 747-400?

I've tried clicking on the Control Columns but without success. Consequently some of the hidden buttons are difficult to use or read.

Guidance would be appreciated.

Cliff

I know, an annoying omission and with no way around it to the best of my knowledge. But hey, don't waste your time on it. The default a/c are only there as a 'taster' to give the first-time buyer something to play with, for his money. On the positive side they will let you fly under the Golden Gate Bridge and even crash into it, but they're a bit like the cheap no-name batteries they chuck in with a kid's new toy. When the novelty wears off get into something serious. 

Cliff, if you haven't already, invest in a 3rd-party Cessna such as A2A's C172. You'll be glad you did. It will provide you with hours of in-depth enjoyment and some serious learning about what goes into flying the real thing.

Good luck with it, anyway.  

Best,

Gareth

He's talking about X-Plane geedub so A2A's C172 won't work here.

The way I get around this is to use the quick cameras in X-Plane and just setup a camera view that looks under the yoke and centers on the switches.

Thanks for trying to help Gareth but, as SouthPawPaul notes, that aircraft isn't available for X-Plane.

SouthPawPaul please......... how do you  "setup a camera view that looks under the yoke and centers on the switches".

Regards...Cliff

Thanks SouthPawPaul. That's REALLY useful. I've printed this blog and will experiment with it.

Good stuff.

Regards........Cliff

Sorry guys, should have opened my eyes :rolleyes: 

Gareth