Sign in to follow this  
Guest UlfB

Anyone else having "issues" with the new La Palma scenery?

Guest GCBarni

If you use the LWM viewer from Jim Keir, you'll see why. The replacement HP943210.bgl file has missing information. I'm sure the development team can make a fix for that now that it has been mentioned.By the way, in defence of the team, I must apologize for my comments about the water 'hill'.....in my haste to see this scenery within FS, I had neglected/forgotten to place those replacement FL, HL and HP943210.bgl's in my set up.

Guest ponyboy

Hey dude... surfs up!:(

Guest Tatu

Hi!One thing that you probably would like to fix as well... there seems to be LandClass bgl in the Gcla - vtp & lmw Scenery folder. You must delete the Texture folder in that case. The Texture folder (even an empty folder) will cause performance problems when combined with LandClass. Either no texture folder or texture folder with all the terrain textures in it.Otherwise looks good. :-)Tatu

I downloaded the new fix, followed instructions and I see no scenery. Nothing. The airport is actually gone but I also see water flowing up the mountains and beacjes located at the top of the mountains...I would gladly delete the whole thing and try again but this time with a completely brand new install program. I tried to install it like 3 times. No luck. I wish folks stop giving us scenery installers - they are nothing but trouble - it is so easy to copy files to the right locations manually and to install from the FS scenery library.EDIT: One success. I was able to ROLLBACK and then uninstall. This worked well and at least I got the default airport back.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

"I wish folks stopgiving us scenery installers - they are nothing but trouble -it is so easy to copy files to the right locations manuallyand to install from the FS scenery library."I couldn't agree more Michael!!! I want to chck this one out, but I'll wait till it gets sorted out. How about a manual install version for those of us that HATE installers.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Yes, maybe it is a fantastic scenery but install program is totally hosed.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest CANARYSIM  Luis

Hi Michael, The fix you've found at avsim it's just avoids thehangs at the UPDATE progress. It was created as a non terminal"solution" (it knew it was going to work in some cases but in othersit wasn't!) before I got the latest patch ready. Send me your email address, and I'll send you the stable patch.Luis. (And it's not a hose.. just let it work! and you'll avoidlot of time installing and moving files.. #### it! =P);luis.osw@gmail.com

Guest CANARYSIM  Luis

All right.. I've been TOTALLY dissapointed with Michael comments.Excuse me for that man,I KNOW It's failing. I've been workingTWO DAYS since release, and I've just slept a few hours. I've been working for you guys to have an utility wich solvesthe problems of installing, because it must be installed ina very specific way, and it may cause problems to many of you.(and i know it's causing them to you right now, but if thistime everything goes fine, it will be ok in a few hours)When I designed the configurator I NEVER THOUGHT people may haveso many scenery layers... (how can someone be so FREAKK!?!?!?!?).. but... as I told you the patch is on the way. I've now sentit to DAN and ULF, they're testing it. If it works I'll sendthe final HOT FIX 2 to AVSIM.On the other hand, pleaseee... remember.. this is a FREEWAREproduct. I could understand Michael's dissapointment if this scenerywas a payware.. BUT IT ISN'T!!!!! Sometimes I guess I'm takingtoo much concerning about sending you the patches,, and I really shouldn't.. BUT NO!!!!!!... I must make it work, it's myjob.. and I'll do it. Please feel free to make comments to make it work, but not just to say "I hate installers".About the HOT FIX. It was sent to AVSIM because of the high downloads the file had just two hours after release. We had to make a patch to solve at least something, that famous DOS blank screen). It was a temporary solution. Now,,, JUST TWO DAYS AFTERrelease,, I've got the solution. How much time took PSS (just as an example) to solve their problems with the A330/340 series???remember this notch product, it also failed at the initial release..and what about now??Be constructive, no critical. Help is on the way (and it's FREE!!)Luis. CanarySIm Developer

Guest danowat

Luis, clam down my friend and get some sleep ;).I too do not like auto-installers, like many, many others out there, this is maybe because we have had bad experiance with them, or just because we like to see what goes where, and have total control over the installation procedure.Maybe it would be prudent to offer a manual installation of your package aswell?.Take a break, I now have your scenery in FS, working fine and also have coaslines back at Tenerife, AND no big water hill.I will try out the update you mailed me a minute ago tonight, but just be happy in the knowledge that you have produced, dare I say it, one of the most realistic looking scenery addons for FS EVER, it really is that good.Dan.

Guest CANARYSIM  Luis

Dan, thanks for the recommendation, but I want to have good dreamswhile I sleep, not nightmares!. While the update.exe file is notpatched and the downloads counter is growing,, I won't be ableto sleep!!!! (or almost!)Please perform the update following the setps I told you. And be sure to delete first the entries you had added manually.. just tomake sure you have a "clean install".. (move the folders to theirrespective locations in case you had moved them previously).And I thought the same than you about making an alternativepackage containing "just the files" without the installer + ainstruction guide. So, there would be two differente packages..one with my installer (once corrected), and other one in the wayI'm discovering most of you prefer, without it. If Pablo agreeswe'd publish a version with the raw files. Talking in pro of the scenery configurator, it's better when youjust have to click on update after installing, than having to edit the scenery.cfg manually or even add the sceneries to thescenery database INTO THE RIGHT LAYER. Failing to do that las thingmakes conflics with aerosoft/simwings/fsplanet sceneriesIt's just one click. And if you want to increase performance you just have to select the options you want to disable instead of being razy out there disabling bgl's which you don't know what they do or what they part on. I guess it's easier to work in thatway. But you are the ones who make the choice.So, I won't apologize anymore. I'm waiting for your answer =P.Thanks Dan.Luis.

Guest UlfB

Hi Luis,Hope you've got some sleep by now ;-) As I mentioned in my email yesterday evening, my test of the hot-fix #2 went very well.Thanks for your efforts and thanks for a very god scenery. Dispite the fact that it's freeware, you and your team mates offer better support than some of those payware companies :) Ulf Bjarke(And I belong to the freaky guys that prefer manual install. Eventually you will end up spending more time with installers than the actual sceneries :))

Guest CANARYSIM  Luis

Ummmm... I like the good comments about the scenery... butyou're not right Jeroen. The scenery is not great....the scenery is MORE THAN GREAT.... ;) IS THE REAL THING INTO A PC!I live in La Palma (although the day after release I had tomove to Tenerife...) and I can see my house!!!!!!I can even see the roads, the futbol (sorry football =P) fieldsnear of it... For me it's amazing. Let me tell you on this time..that the part of the scenery is up to Pablo.. HE IS THE CREATOR..HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO DESERVES THE GOOD WORDS.My part on the project... the part which met us =SThat's why I'm so interested on thing #### installer to workright. Understand now why I'm so "big headed" about using theconfigurator?so ulf said it went right???? I guess it would be the right timeto release it?? I had news from another guy I sent the fix 2 andhe said it also was ok.Please.. once i publish the fix2 ... don't use the fix1.I'll even ask the AVSIM guys to delete that patch.I'll wait one hour more.. and if I get new messages sayingthe update.exe works fine.. i'll release it tonight. If I don'tI'll wait till tomorrow.. and so.. I need more confirmations itwent right.

Guest UlfB

>so ulf said it went right???? I guess it would be the right>time>to release it?? I had news from another guy I sent the fix 2>and>he said it also was ok.>Hi Luis,Yes, I can confirm that the hotfix #2 updated my scenery.cfg as it should. No errors what so ever :)Ulf Bjarke

Guest CANARYSIM  Luis

Thanks Ulf, you'd be noted on the information.txt with ourHOT FIX 2.... thanks for your help and colaboration from thebegining of this "issues"I don't know If i'll post it tonight. The guys at avsim takeone day to add the file at AVSIm,, I'm dealing with a friend ofmine who has an spanish forum about FS.. such as flightsim orAVSIM,, but at the spanish mode =PI Will publish the hotfix 2 there too. If AVSIM takes time.. I'll post here his address to download the file directly from hisserver. OK?Come on guys... Dan.. what about you??? Need your answer too.We ALL are waiting for you =PLuis.