Sign in to follow this  
Guest UlfB

Anyone else having "issues" with the new La Palma scenery?

Guest danowat

Sorry, I wont get chance to check it out for a few days, bit tied up with RW stuff ATM.Dan.

Guest Darren Howie

I must say the scenery does look good in the shots.However after three hours of still being unable to completely remove all the contents which where placed into my copy of FS9 i am pretty unhappy.With a poor installer which seems to do more harm than good i have luckily saved my Fs9 installation which had seemingly become corrupted thanks to the Canarysim installer.For reasons unknown despite my best efforts i still cannot repair my Scenry.cfg file to ignore any remaining components of gcla which are still lurking in my FS9 install.From where i sit despite all the great work on the scenery the installer has caused both myself and numerous other people drama's which is a major pity.Darren

Guest CANARYSIM  Luis

Darren... are you one of the guys from POSKY????Well apologies for all the problems my installer had caused you.Send me your scenery.cfg and i'll try to fix it manually.Send it to luis.osw@gmail.comBy the way, I've had good news from the guys I've sent my newer version of installer. I'll post it into avsim and other fs relatedsites. Also included,,,just for those who don't like installers,,very detailed instructions about how to install manually La Palma2005. Apologies,, and more apologies.Luis. (luis.osw@gmail.com)Just act, don't blame without aporting anything constructive.UPLOADING THE SOLUTION TO AVSIM AND HANGARTABORNO.

Guest CANARYSIM  Luis

Edmundo, as soon as HOT FIX 2 is uploaded and posted into severalFS spanish related sites... ill send a link here into avsim forumwhere you can find it and download it.Inside of it there isa) The stable versions of GCLA 2005 Scenery Configurator modules:( Instructions included about how to do a manual install.------WEll... I've decided to post that part of the info files right nowINSTRUCTIONS FOR MANUAL INSTALLING----------------------------------If even with with this brand new hotfix you find unexpected errors,here are the steps to make La Palma 2005 look allright with yourFS. Please... if you have to do a manual install send me an email(luis.osw@gmail.com) with a copy of your scenery.cfg and screencaptures of any message you may find. We will always try to updatethe configurator just to make it perfect. It won't be a lostproject!!!1) Start your FS9 and go to the scenery database manager 1) Set the first entry of La Palma 2005 with the folder GCLA - AEROPUERTO and place it at the top of the scenery database (1 position) 2) Set the second entry of La Palma 2005 with the folder GCLA - VTP & LMW and place it BELOW your ADDON SCENERY layer. (For example if the scenery database manager shows the Addon Scenery with a position 19, you must move the layer of this entry below of it, with the number 20)2) If you haven't got ANY canary Island SIMWINGS/AEROSOFT scenery, then replace the files HP943210.bgl HL943210.bgl and FL943210.bgl found at FS9 rootSceneryAfriScenery folder with the new ones provided by Canarysim. They can be found at FS9 rootCanarysimDataBackup folder with .ori extension (don't forget to rename them to bgl !) If you have got ANY canary Island SIMWINGS/AEROSOFT scenery, then rename the files HP943210.bgl HL943210.bgl and FL943210.bgl to extension .OFF to deactivate them. ----------------------------------Well that's all. Once the update program is working.. let's seewho prefers to go to scenery database manager, add the entries, get out from your sim to commit changes, then perform the righttasks with the HL FL HP files and the start flight sim again...(without the chance to disable necesary objects for better performance).My configurator DOES IT in just ONE CLICK to update scenery.cfgand other clicks,,, just one for each element you want to disable!.The choice and the chance is up to you.Luis. Canarysim developer.

Luis,Muchas gracias, amigo!Can I manually install the scenery following your instuctions using the file that is available at Avsim or should I wait for any pending update?Edmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Guest CANARYSIM  Luis

De nada hombre!!!!El hot fix 2 est

Guest CANARYSIM  Luis

Ohh guys.. you're going to kill me. Hangar taborno has setmy hot fix 2 but without all the required filesss...Don't download it yet.I really don't know why!!!!!!!Please... standby... (I have to fix all till the las minute!!! brr!)#D#a#m#n#,,, afer this scenery I won't do anything else like this.Luis

Guest Boone

Hey Luis, Relax my friend, it's only a hobby - a severely addictive one - but a hobby it is! We can wait and stop fretting. It would be a terrible shame to lose your talents to a frustrated launch of your freeware product.Looking forward to HOT FIX 3 - when ever you get it ready.Best RegardsBoone,BooneEIDW@hotmail.com"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

Guest CANARYSIM  Luis

OK..... guys... now it's really here.. I've testedand it works fine.http://www.hangartaborno.com/descargas/esc...T%20FIX%202.zipThat's the link for my HOT FIX 2. The right one!!!!!!I'm sorry about this last minute mistake my friend at hangartabornomade.. We (Pablo and me) have sent him millions of files.. andhe probably got confused. Now It's right.This is the list of places that now (1315 UTC+1) have the HOTFIX availablewww.hangartaborno.com -> AVAILABLE!!!!www.simuvuelo.org -> Available in a few hourswww.avsim.com -> Not yet available here,, wait for this evening ortomorrow for avsim guys to add my uploaded hot fix 2 to their ftp.Follow the instructions.. and you'll see La Palma 2005!!!Luis.P.S. The las thread said something about HOT FIX 3... didI say anytime anything about it?? NO!!! Man.. it's Hot FIX 2 ;)Wanna give more job or what????? =P

Guest CANARYSIM  Luis

Just some information regarding HOT FIX2If you find a message while update process I already know that messageappears, but It is just an small bug I still haven't been able tochange.Now the configurator performs the scenery.cfg update process perfectly. Everything is running well escept that thing.. butunfortunately I won't be able to change that mistake (on theconfig_uk file) till I go back home at firsts of May, because I have it's source code there.I insist.. now La Palma scenery configurator runs well, escept inthat point and IT DOESN'T AFFECT the update of your scenery.cfgeither the activation/deactivation of the items which can be enabledor disables. I'll solve it once I get the source code for theconfig_uk! (if you've readed the information message I'll post in may two separate versions. The raw files one and a bundled one. The bundled one won't have that bug)If even after HOT FIX 2 you still find blank screen hungs (1 case that I know... you all know what to do... MANUAL INSTALL! =P)Luis.

Guest Darren Howie

Hi LuisNo luck and i eventually had todo a full reinstall.No problems though as my install is running far better now than before so in a way i owe you one!!ThanksDarren

I am one those that do not like installers, so I installed the scenery manually. All works perfect - really great scenery. Hopefully you will also do the other islands in the future.Compliments for your work !PeterIntel Mobo D875PBZ with Intel CPU P4 3.20GHz2.0 Gig 333MHz DDR SDRAMAsus / NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 (Omega 1.6177) (Q) (256 MB)Monitor Samsung SyncMaster 19"CH Yoke and PedalsWindows XP SP2

Guest UlfB

Luis,Happy to here that your trouble with the configurator seems to be solved. I'm greatful for your and your team members contribution. I hope that you can feel mine and other simmers strong support for your efforts to help us out with our problems. Sh-t happened - Yes. Soon forgotten. But what will remain is the beautiful scenery. Don't ever forget that. :-)Have a wonderful weekend on Canary Islands :-sun1 , Luis.Ulf Bjarke