Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

upgraded from 2.2.10437 to v2.3, scenery lost?

I had a working v2.2 install, with a lot of addon scenery.. ranging from ftx products to aersoft..

I ran the upgrade, all appeared to go well.. (i didnt first clear out existing appdata folders or programdata (scenery) )..

I checked the sceneryconfigeditor to see if the scenery was all still there and in order.. this looked fine..

Started up the sim, tried northern california with aerosoft san fran.. the buildings are all defaults and i'm not really seeing FTX NAC either etc.. 

I was going to try flushing out all the config files then copying back over my scenery.cfg, but i doubt this will fix the issue..

Anyone else found this to be the case?  Starting from scratch is not really desirable, it would take eons to reinstall everything.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

The upgrade overwrites all your existing configuration files, including scenery.cfg, which is located in the folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\

The stickied installation thread here explains that you need to make backups of several folders and files to preserve certain settings when undertaking the upgrade. If you are lucky, a previous 3rd party scenery installer may have saved a backup of scenery.cfg as scenery.cfg.old or something like that. The above folder is hidden. Show hidden files in the Windows explorer and see if you have a backup to that file.

The upgrade overwrites all your existing configuration files, including scenery.cfg, which is located in the folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\

The stickied installation thread here explains that you need to make backups of several folders and files to preserve certain settings when undertaking the upgrade. If you are lucky, a previous 3rd party scenery installer may have saved a backup of scenery.cfg as scenery.cfg.old or something like that. The above folder is hidden. Show hidden files in the Windows explorer and see if you have a backup to that file.

Yeah, i have backups of those folders.. i dont think thats the issue.. (though, i may try clearing them out, then copying back my originals again).. the scenery.cfg is the one that i was using just prior to the upgrade as well.. in sceneryconfig editor you can clearly see everything is identical to how it was beforehand, it just seems that for some reason, addons that would normally "show up" in the sim are now MIA.. this didnt happen when i went from 2.1 to 2.2 however.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Sorry, I misunderstood. Put the backup scenery.cfg in:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

Then rename SceneryStatus.BIN, make a blank copy of the folder SceneryIndexs and rename the old folder. Then let P3d rebuild the scenery index from scratch. if that doesn't work, you can always put the originals back in place. Note: I copy/pasted the wrong folder location in my previous post and you responded after I fixed it.

What I did is just added them again manually with the scenery library.

I don't think it deletes you scenery entirely. 

What I did is just added them again manually with the scenery library.

I don't think it deletes you scenery entirely. 

I feel rather dumb but i think it went from Lockheed Martin folder (scenery.cfg) to the Prepar3Dv2 subfolder post upgrade.. i just copied my old scenery.cfg into the new spot and reset sceneryconfigeditor path to the subfolder as well.. can go from here..

Thanks for the "reminder"/tip on the Prepar3Dv2 folder name.

The issue/solution was much simpler than i originally (feared) realized.  Perhaps caused by previous estonia migration tool path redirects, unsure.

No, it doesn't. I used the patch and kept all my configurations and everything is working as it should, including FTX.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

There are several scenery.cfg files and the one that changes when I add/delete a scenery library is in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2