Sign in to follow this  
JustinWheat

XP NOAA WEATHER

I have installed the Noaa Weather plugin. How do I know if it is working correctly? For the below FL box what is the best value to put? I would like it to be 5000 so do I put 5000 or 5? Thanks

I could be wrong, but I don't think the plugin works will the latest versions of X-Plane. At least, I haven't been able to get it to work for a while and have since uninstalled it

It definitely works with the new version of x-plane, I have it installed and currently working. So ya just set the METAR transition level for 5000 and go to a place you know what the weather is doing and let it rip. Its a great plugin.

It definitely works with the new version of x-plane

That's excellent, so I'll reinstall it again and try it out. Thanks for the info

In the past I have set the Metar Transition Level to the transition level of my departure airport, but when it kicks in the aircraft usually gets a real good shove and clouds pop away and pop back in different places. It works but it's not a pretty solution.

Anybody tested "XPRealWX" ? how it compares with Noaa plugin and weather engine of EFASS (Ultra-WX)?

There seems to be very little support with XPREALWX. I would still be curious if anyone has tried it also. Also what is the big difference between NOAA weather plugin and the EFASS (Ultra-Wx)? Thanks

I would still be curious if anyone has tried it also.

I have tried both XPRealWX and EFASS UltraWX and would have to say that UltraWX is the better of the two as far as weather injectors are concerned. FSRealWX is quite rough and doesn't depict weather all that well even though upper winds aloft are present the weather updates are too abrupt causing major shifts/displacements in the aircraft.

UltraWX does a better job with smoothing out wind transitions between weather updates but still find that depictions aren't all that accurate particularly reading METAR's around airports. Air pressure and temps tend to be off.

The transition altitude of an airport has nothing to do with the transition altitude of the NOAA-plugin! It's QNH transition vs. weather-change altitude.

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

The transition altitude of an airport has nothing to do with the transition altitude of the NOAA-plugin! It's QNH transition vs. weather-change altitude.

Nobody said it did.

It's just my personal preference to do so.

Why?

Simply because the NoAA plugin sets a constant 29.92, so it's just easier to manage especially when flying online.

NOAA seems to have better wind and cloud level representation but for some reason it's got insane (infinite) visibility from quite low altitudes. Is it just me?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea