Sign in to follow this  
Guest bobsk8

FSE, why did I wait so long

Guest bobsk8

I purchased Misty Fjords about 3 -4 months ago , which has totally changed the way I fly in MSFS. I used to fly the big Jets around , mostly IFR, and now I am 99% of the time flying VFR at low altitudes of a about 1500 feet , like I do in real life, and looking at the scenery. For those that don't have Misty Fjords , you don't know what you are missing, if you enjoy flying small aircraft. There is a group of us, that are on a site called Misty Moorings, that fly together on line, using Multiplayer, amd go exploring in the Misty area. Using Team Speak, and MP, it is like meeting a couple of people down at a real airport, and flying off together to explore the country side, and there is always a surprise around the next corner, like hidden cabins, fishing piers , etc. One of the people that I fly with suggested that I take a look at a program made by Lago, called FSE. There are many FSE files already on the Misty Fjords web site , that are associated with the dozens and dozens of free add on sceneries that are available for Misty Fjords. What the FSE does is add objects like aircraft, trucks, ramps, hangars, ILS antennas, control towers, boats,docks , bridges , pretty much anything you want. You can take a barren airport and fix it up so it looks like the real one in just a few minutes. It's all frame rate friendly. The feature I like the most are the sounds that can be added. PLanes flying overhead, boats in the river sounding their horns, water sounds when you are in a seaplane, sounds from a hangar near by, sounds of talking or people working on aircraft. This is all selectable in this program. What surrised me is that I have been flying FS for years, and never realized this program was available till yesterday. I spent a good part of the day yesterday, fixing up a couple of airports that I fly in an out of with scenery, and sounds. I placed a couple of hangars at PAKT, and when night time came, the lights went on in the hangars and the street lamps outside. Unreal!!!http://www.lagosim.com/default.asp?act=sch...100049〈=eng