Sign in to follow this  
domr

RC freezing

Hi all

I bought RC v4.3 in the past week. So far everything is set up correctly I believe. Last night I tried to have my first flight but in the end spent 3 hours painfully trying to get RC to work with limited sucess.

The main problem I am having is that RC is not reacting. I was at the gate and requested atis, that worked then when I tuned for my clearance nothing would happen. After many attempts of closing and starting RC I managed to get clearance then the problems returned RC became un responsive and I would wait 3 mins or so before it would react to me.

The steps I used were

Started Active sky 6.5

opened RC (as administrator)

I loaded my flight plan into RC 4

started TrackIR v2

started FS9.1

Set up my flight sleecting my departure airport and airacraft (pss757)

The flight loaded at the gate

I waited a min or two for all ai and weather

Started RC and the window came up in FS9

I was then able to tune to the atis and thereafter the problems continued where RC would become un responsive to any commands. A couple of times it even froze with the , this program is not responding message so I had to kill it with task manager.

I tried turning of my AI traffice didn't help.

My FS9 set up is..

FS9.1

Fsinn 1.3

AS 6.5

TrackIR2

Latest FSUIPC

Latest make runways

This runs on a windows 7 32 machine, dual core processor at 3.2ghz with 4gb ram Nvdida graphics with 1gb ram

When I cheked the task manager I still had plenty of ram free and the processor only seemed to ever reach about 30% so it didn't seem "clogged up" FS9 was running smooth as normal with no issues or stutters only RC just kept freezing up.

One other thing that seemed to help was that I checked the manual and saw that you need to have a couple of config settings in active sky 6.5 configured so RC will work, I did this and it helped a little as I never got the " this program is not responding message". I will have another try this week but if there are any tips/advice it would be appreciated.

Firstly, please give version numbers of FSUIPC and MakeRunways. 'Latest version' is not helpful. You should be on 3.999z1 or later and 4.675.

Have you modified the keyboard settings used to 'talk' with RC4?

Does FS9 have the focus when you're press the appropriate button?

To test things just run FS9 and RC4. Don't start anything else. If that works then it suggests some sort of conflict.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for helping

Yes sorry the latest download on

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

FSUIPC 3.999z9

MakeRunways 4.675

I didn't modify the button and also checked FS9 to see if there were any conflicts with the button assignement.

You mentioned one interesting question "Does FS9 have the focus when you're press the appropriate button?"

I was generally clicking on the RC window to bring that into focus rather than the sim thinking that it is no reacting because it was not in focus.

So FS9 shoudl be in focus rather than the RC window right? I will give that a test because sometimes RC worked and sometimes it didn't. I hope it is that simple :-)  if not I will try with all addons disabled adding one by one to seee if there is a conflict.

Thanks

I can see the problem. You communicate to RC via FS9 so FS must always have the focus. I'm sure that's the problem.

Try again with a minimal load (FS9 & RC4) and try again. I'm sure it will be fine as long as FS has the focus. Once you're happy everything is okay then add the other programs. I doubt those will cause a problem.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you Ray.

The problem was exactly that fs9 was not in focus! It's a great program I am starting to enjoy it.

I have one final thing that is annoying me. When I close the RC window in FS9 it pops back up again in about 2-3 seconds. Any advice for that? I have seen reference to it for FSX in the forum but not FS9.