Sign in to follow this  
captpopup

I need serious FSX help and don't know where top go!

All that says, is not to install Acceleration on top of SP2..

Yes, and considering most if not all addons require SP2, he should have installed that. If he wants to use Acceleration, he doesnt need any SP's, which is what I was trying to point out

Jay

I don't see FSX with sp1 in my add/remove list... I only see FSX with Acceleration. My last clean install started with FSX and a short 'fly now', then SP1 added with another short 'fly now' then Acceleration added and again a short 'fly now'. After that it was scenery add-ons, airports, REX4, ASN, EZdok and finally aircraft. I have just purchased FSUIPC4. I researched this product after my attention was drawn to it in this topic. I didn't installed SP2 because I used Acceleration instead. I wasn't aware that Acceleration contained SP1 and SP2.

What works best... FSX with Acceleration or FSX with SP1+2?

If I uninstall FSX I suppose that means starting from scratch again... backup disks at the ready :rolleyes:

Either are fine... if your main problem is with the addon 172, suggest you uninstall then reinstall the plane, be sure to turn off any anti virus and right click the installer and install as Admin.

Jay

I don't see FSX with sp1 in my add/remove list... I only see FSX with Acceleration. My last clean install started with FSX and a short 'fly now', then SP1 added with another short 'fly now' then Acceleration added and again a short 'fly now'.

If I uninstall FSX I suppose that means starting from scratch again... backup disks at the ready :rolleyes:

You are fine.. FSX + SP1 + Acceleration is perfectly OK.

^_^

Bert

I seem to have a number of issues but the missing nosewheel etc on the A2A c172 was the final straw regards me going it alone. I have reinstalled this aircraft on a number of occasions but the problem was still there. I sent in my first ever post to a forum... A2A simulations... and got no response, maybe I did something wrong. The response here at avsim has been most encouraging and has re-kindled my confidence. My other known issue is EZdok cameras... they work fine if I start up FSX and fly, they don't work if I start FSX via REX4. I have tested FSX and Active Sky Next and EZdok and that combination seems fine... but REX4... no!

I have the RealAir Beechcraft B60 that is also playing up with the cameras but that's a recent purchase and I will tackle that one at a later date.

I have twin boys age 22 and they tell me to give up... it's too buggie... it's an old product, let it go. They have no idea of how far we have come with FS and how much support there is regards pilots and developers. I have always been interested in flight and space travel and all that stuff... it was the height of technology when I was a small boy. I made RC aeroplanes, bought computers when they first became available to the masses (commodore vic20) and started using Flight Simulator. I saw a YouTube video of 'the history of Flight Simulator' recently and that brought a tear to my eye. I used Flight Simulator when I learnt to fly for real. I gained my pilots licence flying c152's but couldn't keep it current soon after because of the expense of it all. So FSX and it's dedicated community is home... 'touching base' as they say. I so desperately want this to work I am prepared to put in the hours to reinstall time and time again until it works... and it will work... you are all testiment to that.

So... do I uninstall (reformat the SSD that holds all that I have regards FSX) and start again... this time with support and the correct sequence... whatever that may be? or just remove the c172.

I will try as you suggest regards the plane first PIC007

I agree that we've come quite a way with FSX... it is actually a great program (in spite of what your boys tell you)..

No need to re-install FSX either.. it sounds like you have a perfectly good install.. but maybe the combination of add-ons that do not work correctly are causing trouble for you..

Why not un-install EZdok and see if that starts to improve matters?

Bert

Bert P. wrote: "Why not un-install EZdok and see if that starts to improve matters?"

Agree, I did that a long, long time ago, because it´s a nightmare for a normal user but maybe a nerd´s dream fiddly/tweaky program/tool.