Sign in to follow this  
snapitbik

Hot To install/Setup EZdok Camera

I have everything working pretty well. The only problem I have is that, while EZCA is fully functional in windowed mode, in fullscreen, none of the hotkeys seem to work.  Any one else have this problem?

No works perfectly for me thats a weird one

Rich Sennett

I have previously configured P3D (including v2.3) as others above have done and had it work flawlessly. However, today I found P3D v2.3 was crashing on startup, so I uninstalled then reinstalled P3D- edited the exe.xml file as above... now it initially launces in the taskbar, but then I get the "FSX process=0" error (this is with the new EZCA.exe copied over the original). Has anyone found a cure for this issue? What is it telling me (other than it thinks that FSX is not running).?

Thanks, Bruce.

I have previously configured P3D (including v2.3) as others above have done and had it work flawlessly. However, today I found P3D v2.3 was crashing on startup, so I uninstalled then reinstalled P3D- edited the exe.xml file as above... now it initially launces in the taskbar, but then I get the "FSX process=0" error (this is with the new EZCA.exe copied over the original). Has anyone found a cure for this issue? What is it telling me (other than it thinks that FSX is not running).?

Thanks, Bruce.

You might want copy and paste your exe.xml text here to look at it

Rich Sennett

No works perfectly for me thats a weird one

Found a solution. If I "show EZCA studio" when in full screen, then it overlays and I then have full functionality. It's only when I Alt + Enter to windowed mode beforehand that I lose the full screen functionality.

Found a solution. If I "show EZCA studio" when in full screen, then it overlays and I then have full functionality. It's only when I Alt + Enter to windowed mode beforehand that I lose the full screen functionality.

Nice I dont use windowed mode guess thats why I didnt notice this

Rich Sennett

Nice I dont use windowed mode guess thats why I didnt notice this

I don't either which is the funny thing. It's a habit I've picked up from years of using EZCA and FSX since you had to window FSX to see the editor.

You might want copy and paste your exe.xml text here to look at it

Thanks Rich:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Couatl</Name>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>

<CommandLine>--mode=prepar3dv2</CommandLine>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon></Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

This is the same exe.xml file that I was using with P3D v2.3 before I reinstalled yesterday,  which worked fine before.  I also thought that if this file wasn't working that I wouldn't get EZCA to start.

When starting P3D v2.3 the EZCA icon appears in the task bar,  then when I get to the Scenario Startup Screen I get the message:

"FSX Process Not Found:  FSX_handle:0"  

Pressing Ok stops the EZCA (icon disappears in the task bar).  P3D continues to start OK, but no EXCA. of course....

This is very weird....any helpful advice most appreciated. I'm starting to think I have the "gremlins" here, I have been simming since 1994, and honestly I can't recall having the issues that have cropped up in my sim (P3D) in the past week or so... or maybe I'm just losing it  :)

Thanks,  Bruce.

Thanks Rich:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Couatl</Name>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>

<CommandLine>--mode=prepar3dv2</CommandLine>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon></Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

This is the same exe.xml file that I was using with P3D v2.3 before I reinstalled yesterday,  which worked fine before.  I also thought that if this file wasn't working that I wouldn't get EZCA to start.

When starting P3D v2.3 the EZCA icon appears in the task bar,  then when I get to the Scenario Startup Screen I get the message:

"FSX Process Not Found:  FSX_handle:0"  

Pressing Ok stops the EZCA (icon disappears in the task bar).  P3D continues to start OK, but no EXCA. of course....

This is very weird....any helpful advice most appreciated. I'm starting to think I have the "gremlins" here, I have been simming since 1994, and honestly I can't recall having the issues that have cropped up in my sim (P3D) in the past week or so... or maybe I'm just losing it  :)

Thanks,  Bruce.

You may want to check this thread out link below - your xml code appears to be ok - do you have simmconnect installed - you did allow permissions to ezca folder in your anti-virus ? - you have 1.17 updated ezca exe copied over ?

2h6hxyu.jpg

http://www.simforums.com/forums/fsx-process-not-found-fsx-handle0_topic40896.html

======================================================

I would assume you ran the EZCA Configurator ? - its on your desktop

Rich Sennett

Thanks Rich.

I uninstalled P3D v2.3 as well as EZCA and the EMT.  Installed everything again,  the only difference now being that I had installed the latest version of EMT, but not the "Development Build".    Everything appears to be working fine now....  thanks for the helpful suggestions, Mate...

I'm unsure as to whether this in issue with the EMT Development Build, or just re-installing everything fixed whatever was wrong.

Thanks,  Bruce.

Spoke like a true believer... I too feel like sending Ezdok to hell, where FSX is already burning :-)

Got to check out that Opus FSX.

Thanks Rich.

I uninstalled P3D v2.3 as well as EZCA and the EMT. 

Awesome news Bruce - thanks for the update - this helps me to help others

Rich Sennett

Hi,

when you mentioned : Registry pointed to FSX.

How do you do this?

I know it's maybe a silly question... but I really don't know how to accomplish this.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE?

HANS

I am having a lot of problems to install and use EZDOK and I wonder if you know any solution to it. Let me explain:

I am using W7 Ultimate, Prepar3D version 2.4 Academic. Only ORBX, Airbus Extended and Quality Wings 146 installed. I do not have FSX installed. When installing anything I always do it as administrator.

1. I run Migration Tool and enable virtual FSX

2. I install EZdokCamera.exe

3. Once installed item 2, I run EZCA Config.exe as requested by EZdokCamera.

4. I run EZCA Update version 1.16 and then version 1.17

5. I check the C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\exe.xml to read:

-<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>

6. I rename EZCA.exe to EZCA_fsx.exe

7. I copy and paste EZCA.exe from EZCA_ P3D_beta.rar to C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA thus having EZCA.exe and EZCA_fsx.exe

8. I run P3D2. If I load the default aircraft (Raptor), P3D2 starts normally in the default scenario. If I run any of the Airbus Extended or Quality Wings 146, P3D2 crashes and reports "a fatal error occurred".

If I run Config.exe and restore the original configuration, P3D2 starts normally and I can load any aircraft add-on. Then I run the EZDOK main panel, configure custom cameras but then EZDOK does not display the cameras I configured.

I have been trying to set up EZDOK for about ten days without any success. Is there any advice that you could give me?

Thank you very much in advance,

Alfonso

Hi all,

This is so weird, that some have no issues and others have nothing but trouble. This is what I have done. No guarantee that it works for anyone else. I am using P3D 2.4. FSX is not installed:

-install EZDok using the Estonia Migration Tool (virtual FSX enabled). Don't do anything else yet

-copy the 1.17 EZCA.exe beta into the program folder and overwrite the existing file

-run the EZDok Config program using EMT (virtual FSX enabled)

-check that CameraDefinition.202 exists in cameras.cfg. If not, I enter it manually. This may be a waste of time. Not sure if universal camera works in P3D

-check all aircraft.cfg files to ensure that camera definition 201 exists. If not, I enter it manually. Also check to ensure there are no duplicate entries. If there are, I change the number of the original entry and EZdok keeps definition 201. Here is an example:

[CameraDefinition.201]
Title=EZdok Aircraft Universal camera
Guid={D8D67955-2E9B-4e75-9D8B-8EFFBBFAC65B}
Description=Universal camera for EZdok cam utility
Origin=Center
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=FALSE
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=FALSE
Track=None
ShowAxis=FALSE
AllowZoom=TRUE
InitialZoom=0.40
ShowWeather=Yes
InitialXyz=0,0,0
InitialPbh=10, 0, 0
XyzAdjust=TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=FALSE
ClipMode=Minimum
HotKeySelect=4

-add the entry for EZCA into exe.xml. I won't post that. It's been posted several times in this thread

-after configuring EZDok, I turn virtual FSX off in EMT and exit the program. It is not needed to be running if EZDok is not being configured

Occasionally, EZDok takes a moment to wake up when I first load an aircraft. Apart from that, the program runs as well as it ever did in FSX (maybe excepting universal camera). That's my take on the situation. You can check out my setup in my profile, in case it gives you any clues as to what you may have installed that's causing an issue; that I don't have on my system.

Best of luck,

Graham

Dear All,

Could you pelase help me?

It seems EZCA is not working properly under P3D v2.4 as you wrote above.

The software is runing without any error message, but I cannot click on the active EZCA icon, once I move my mouse top of it, I see there is a blank white window with "File" menu, but I cannot do anything with it, and cannot move it forward.

What can be the issue?

Many thanks and Kindest Regards,

Gergely