Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

BEWARE Worldsceneries.com

All:I wanted to purchase scenery for Rio De Janero for FS2004 and saw that worldsceneries.com had their Wonderful Rio package available for download. Well, after I paid all I got was a receipt and found that all the scenery download links were dead. (should have tried to download the demo FIRST huh?).I never got a download link, or registration code and this was supposed to be an immediate download, not a "we'll get back you within 24 hours" download.So sure it is only $20.00US, but I wanted to let the community know to beware of this site.Regards,Mike T.PS. Does anybody know of any other RIO scenery available for download?Thx.M.T.

Guest ponyboy

I dunno.... I would not give up on 'em just yet. At their contacts page they have a pretty detailed list of who to contact list plus they even list phone numbers (that's rare for this hobby). You got your reciept... I'd say zip off a couple of emails to 'em. The scenery is pretty good. Think it used to sell for $40 so that's a good deal. Nothin' else that size or complexity out there that I know of. You should get decent FPS with your rig.

Mike,I like your rig.. where did you get it and how much? if you don't mind me asking...I am looking at something very similar.And how is that raid 0 10K working out?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I'm sure that your problem was an error and not a scam. I purchased Wonderful Rio and two other airports from Sim Market without any problems. In fact, their scenery is great - Good fps and detail As mentioned before, see if you can get anywhere with some emails.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I think they only sell through simmarket. They used to sell through their site, but no longer. I'm sure you can work it out with the folks at simmarket. They're pretty good.The scenery is great.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Hey Manny:Well the most expensive things beside the 26" monitor was the FX-55 cpu (actually they are almost the same price!). I think that the total for all the parts was about $2000 + $1200 for the monitor. The Raid 0 10,000 RPM drives make a nice difference in FS9 because they offer low scenery loading rates so that also helps to cut down on pausing and choppiness.All in all, the setup is overclocked as much as it can be and it blazes. It actually is so fast that I use regular high fidelity aircraft as my AI and not any of the low polygon aircraft! I highly recommend taking the weekend and building one! But be sure to get "real" cooling for some nice overclocking because there IS a difference!Take care,Mike T.

Jeffrey:Naw, I wasn't insinuating a scam. I believe they've got a problem with sales on THEIR website and I was letting others know that if you want to buy from THEIR website, you will be disappointed.However, I downloaded it from Simmarket (which I should have just done in the first place *DOH*). And I am happy with the product.Mike T.

That's good. You still have to go back to their site and get some of the update patches for the Rio scenery.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest CaptainSensible

I purchased the Congonhas scenery from their website via SWREG and have received no email or link to the product for me to download.No reply to my support email either which is very worrying.Have emailed SWREG for an explanation (if they have one!)

*See! I TOLD you so!* :-lolActually, wait about a day or so, you will get a reg code by email directly from worldsceneries. As I said, they say NOTHING anywhere on their site that you have to wait 24-36 hours to get a registration code.That was the intention of the orginal post, to avert frustration by any other simmers.Regards,Mike T.

Guest CaptainSensible

Their email address doesnt work so I have opened a complaint via paypal with swreg who took my payment.I dont do business with companies who I cannot contact after the purchase.

I finally received an email with link 72 hours late!Not going to deal with them again unless they offer instant downloads of their products.Someone there also needs to learn how to spell as their email address is wrong!

Guest marcnamara

Dear sirUntil now we received not any e-mail or order number of your phurcase. If you want our support (support@worldsceneries.com) can slve this problem for you imediatly. We need to know your e-mail.Best regardsMarcnamaraWORLDSCENERIES

Your email address was wrong on your website and on SWREG which is why no one could contact you!Looks like it has been corrected now.Also if you say you will send a download link within 24 hours then please send within that time. 72 hours is not good!ThanksAdam