Sign in to follow this  
KLM777-300ER

777-300ER Perf init uplink PFPX

Hi everyone,

I have a question about pfpx and the 777-300ER PERF INIT UPLINK.

When i set up a route from lets say, KJFK-EHAM in PFPX i then start up FSX get in the plane and do the route uplink from pfpx, so far so good.

Then i am getting the PERF INIT uplink and the FMC is asking for me to eighter reject it or accept it, but when i do i am not getting the right numbers from my flightplan from pfpx.

Instead i am getting the max load numbers of the PMDG 777-300ER, i have searched for any clues as to what i have done wrong here.

I have set up al the exports to FSX and PMDG 777-200LR and 300ER, could somebody please help me as of what i am doing wrong here?

Your help is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Jeffrey

The Perf Init Uplink doesn't take the data from PFPX, it takes it from the current loads in the "FS Actions">"Fuel" and "Payload" menus.  So you still have to insert those values before you use the PERFINIT Uplink.  Good luck!

Then i am getting the PERF INIT uplink and the FMC is asking for me to eighter reject it or accept it, but when i do i am not getting the right numbers from my flightplan from pfpx.
Instead i am getting the max load numbers of the PMDG 777-300ER, i have searched for any clues as to what i have done wrong here.

I have set up al the exports to FSX and PMDG 777-200LR and 300ER, could somebody please help me as of what i am doing wrong here?

The 777's datalink features are platform independent.  What this means is that the 777 doesn't look for any other programs.  It looks for data in the PMDG folders.  You could use SimBrief, PFPX, or a hand created plan, and it'll still pull it in if you format it correctly (speaking only in terms of flight plans here).

That being said, as Jakob mentioned, you still need to configure the weights and fuel yourself via the FS ACTIONS > FUEL and FS ACTIONS > PAYLOAD pages.  The PERF INIT uplink data comes from that information.

External programs are not recommended to be used to alter the PMDG loads, and I doubt they ever will be.  Best just to assume you'll have to set the loads yourself.  I think a fundamental lack of understanding here is that it isn't importing/uplinking the weight itself (boarding passengers/loading cargo/fueling).  It's uplinking the data about those weights.  It's the same as it used to be where you had to hand-enter the data.  That didn't load the plane for you.  It just provided the data to the FMC.  Same thing with datalink (which is essentially using the "double click the ZFW entry" trick, and a couple others to give you PERF INIT data).

Kyle Rodgers

Interesting. I use Simbrief for the majority of all my flights for both the NGX and 777. As per the last post in the 777, l use the FMC 'random' payload to determine number of pax, freight and zero fuel weight. I then transfer these figures to Simbrief to calculate fuel, cruise (FL) and cost index (CI) which are subsequently used when setting up the FMC during preflight. In order for the system to accept the calculated changes from Simbrief, l reject the Perf Init upload request and insert the CI and FL. After 'exec', all my values are as l expected, however, l no sooner get to the cruise level set in the FMC and MCP and the aeroplane continues to climb to the default level the Perf Init originally calculated. A review of the VNAV page shows the default level, not my entered level. If l attempt to revise this back to my intended FL it affects the Step Climb and ultimately removes the TOD calculation - not a big deal but a nuisance nonetheless.

Am l missing something or should my recalculated FL be entered elsewhere in the FMC other than the Perf Init for it to be accepted?

Cheers

Steve Young

Canberra Australia

P3Dv4 - PMDG 747 QOTS II, PMDG 737 NGX, Reboot, MT 6, MJC Q400, ORBX. FlyTampa, FS2Crew voice, Aivlasoft EFB + FSX Steam

Am l missing something or should my recalculated FL be entered elsewhere in the FMC other than the Perf Init for it to be accepted?

I'm kinda confused by your post. Can you give more specifics? Useful data would be the payload weight used, the CI, and FL that SimBrief gave you, the cruise FL that the FMC wanted to use, and so on.

Keep in mind, as well, that you absolutely need to use the MCP altitude knob in conjunction with VNAV. You're not supposed to just roll it to an arbitrary value and expect the FMC to ignore it and run the show its own way.

Kyle Rodgers

I'll endeavour to explain by a step process (YMML - WSSS using FS2Crew).

1. Open Simbrief and select/create flight but do not enter Freight, Pax or ZFW values

2. Crank up the 777-200 (FSX) cold and dark - open FMS

3. In FMS go Payload/Random and scroll until I get what I want (e.g. Pax 195,  Freight 60.3t, ZFW 442.6) 

4. Transfer these values to Simbrief and 'generate Op'. This provides me with Cruise (FL340), step climbs (FL360), fuel (136506 & 16.9 res) and cost index (15)

5. Fuel is then added to FMS before starting up FS2Crew

6. Once power is established in 777, I load up FMS. When I open Perf Init, the cruise (FL360), CI (85) and reserves (16.0) 

7. I reject the page and enter the Simbrief values and execute

8. Approaching cruise (FL340) all appears normal as aircraft begins to level off. Within seconds, it will then begin to climb to the initial pre-determined PMDG value (FL360). MCP has automatically changed to FL360 and VNAV values in FMS VNAV has changed also. CI has reverted back to 85

9. If I attempt to change these values back to the Simbrief values it removes TOD calculations (ie there is no TOD on ND or in Prog page in FMS..... no big deal, but not expected)

cheers

Steve

P3Dv4 - PMDG 747 QOTS II, PMDG 737 NGX, Reboot, MT 6, MJC Q400, ORBX. FlyTampa, FS2Crew voice, Aivlasoft EFB + FSX Steam

Sounds like you had an automatic step climb. Did you step through the LEGS segments to confirm all the parts were as expected? This step isn't in a checklist but its pretty important.

Not sure why CI is changing, never seen that. Why are you bothering to Load Perf Init when you are going to reject it? Just enter the values you want.

Dan Downs KCRP