Sign in to follow this  
Guest IanP

PMDG 1900C Is Out!!!

VERRRRRY SMOOOOOTH VC gauges is the first that comes to my mind...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Nice to see someone taking the vc refresh rate seriously! It's not the completely brilliant RealAir style, but all the gauges are gathered in a single vc window, making the refrash rate as smooth as the ** Mustang.Add that it's nice to fly, has got wing-vews, and a fair price. Systems are as simple as can be, so if your'e looking for swithes, knobs, starting procedures etc., this might not be it, but I love the ability to land a plane of some size from the vc. Actually I spent almost my entire first flight in the vc and wing view :)Happy flying!Eagle

It's important to note here that the PMDG Express line purposely does not feature the same ultra hardcore realism that the normal PMDG line does. I can virtually guarantee you that had this plane been a regular PMDG product, the torque thing you're mentioning would have been custom programmed in - it's a well known fact that the MS turboprop model contains some glaring errors, but fixing them is outside the scope of the PMDG Express line.Monsoon, if you can provide me will exact figures and a clear explaination of what you see the problem as, I'll make sure Vangelis sees it and perhaps he can attempt to address it in a future service release.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest monsoon

Hey Ryan. I wouldn't worry about it. I am familiar with the lousy MSFS coding on turboprops. I am sure if PMDG was to work around all of it the price would definately be more than 15 bucks!

Guest David Lee 2

I flew the 1900C last night on a VATSIM flight from KPHL to KLGA. I always liked the night lighting of the 1900D in the VC view, so it was nice to see the familiar blue glow. I could not get landing lights, beacon, or strobes to work though. Just the nav lights and a dim taxi light. After flying and studying the Aeroworx BE200 a lot I expected the BE1900 to fly similarly - probably a mistake on my part as it is a much heavier aircraft. You do have to keep some power on when landing or it drops like a rock - something the BE200 is reported to do as well. You can't beat the frame rates with this stripped down version and the price is right. It's a good addition and since I never went through the hassle of trying to reinstall the BE1900D on my new computer, I was happy to see this "remake".David

Well PMDG missed a sale to me yesterday.The 1900C is still one of THE ugliest aircraft I have ever seen but the interior work/graphics/vc looked impressive so was considering purchasing after looking at the screenshots. However if PMDG are not prepared to release a demo or at least a refund to those people who this product does not suit then I really cannot be bothered giving them my money (I already have the PMDG 737 NG series -excellent FS aircraft but a risk to buy without any sort of refund process).I'll stick with Flight1 and other sensible payware providers who DO refund if things go wrong.AdamWin XP - ARIA 3200PCPrescott 3.20 GHz - 2GB RAMAsus ATi Radeon X800 Pro TD 256MB19" CRT 1600x1200 @ 100hzAudiophile 24/96 Audio

Guest bobsk8

I am surprised at the Turbo Prop comments on this thread and that they are NG in FS9. The Flight 1 ATR has a large following on their forum on the ATR-72, and many real ATR ATP's are frequent contributors to the forum threads and they say that the Flight 1 ATR has a pretty darn good flight model, and it is in fact, a turboprop. They should know.

Guest IanP

I think you'll find that the comment above said that the default turboprop flight model could be fixed, but this was outside the scope of the PMDG Express range. That was the gist of it, anyway.The Flight1 model costs rather more than $15. :-)Ian P.

Guest monsoon

>I am surprised at the Turbo Prop comments on this thread and>that they are NG in FS9. The Flight 1 ATR has a large>following on their forum on the ATR-72, and many real ATR>ATP's are frequent contributors to the forum threads and they >say that the Flight 1 ATR has a pretty darn good flight model,>and it is in fact, a turboprop. They should know. Hey Bob. Yes you are right BUT there is a lot of trickery to make turbo props work. The programmers have to trick the MS coding into believing what they want to make happen. And that takes a LOT of work.

>>However if PMDG are not prepared to release a demo or at least>a refund to those people who this product does not suit then I>really cannot be bothered giving them my money (I already have>the PMDG 737 NG series -excellent FS aircraft but a risk to>buy without any sort of refund process).>>I'll stick with Flight1 and other sensible payware providers>who DO refund if things go wrong.>>You're joking, right? What could possibly go "wrong" on a -until Monday- $15 addon? There is nothing wrong with this aircraft: it's basically a modified FS9 default Kingair, with a couple of very nice visual enhancement thrown in for good measure. It's called "Express Line" - mostly eye candy. PMDG are clear about this. ricardo

Guest delta_one

I decided to get the B1900C and like it a lot, the actual model, sounds and 2D panel / virtual cockpit are great and very easy on frame rate. i was not sure initially because of their refund policy but its well worth the bucks for a twin turboprop aircraft.David

I also purchased the B1900C last night. I also have the B1900D. These are the only PMDG products I own. What I will say about the turboprop model is that I think PMDG has gotten as close as you can within the limits of FS. For example, taxiing out to the runway is so much more realistic than than other turboprops. You normally get this huge surge of power once you move the throttle a little bit. Then when you back off, the plane stops. This is not the case with the B1900's. They taxi like a turboprop should. You can apply power and maintain a constant gentle speed to the active. I have yet to see anyone else accomplish this as of yet. That alone is worth the purchase even if you can't match torque values to temps. If you are remotely interested in the a/c you should get it. Though it is in the express line of products, it's still PMDG for crying out loud. To tell you the truth, I like the C model more than the D model. This way I get to fly Ameriflight planes the way I want to.

Aren't there issues with the VC in a few of the C models, such as the beacon light flashing in the cockpit, the strobes not turning on using the switch, etc? Hopefully they will get fixed by the time I put together a new computer