Sign in to follow this  
ofentress

V speeds and altitude text

Tony/Kyle............

Well, I changed to metric but the same thing happened.  No v speed, but partial altitudes in legs area.

Then I loaded a flight plan from Vancouver to Edmonton, using the same method(s) as I did from Regina to Edmonton.  Everything worked perfectly.

I think I'll try Edmonton to Regina and what happens.  I'll also try Regina to another airport rather than Edmonton and see what happens in that instance.

This getting to be quite a mystery.

Jack

Again - are you absolutely sure you're completing the PERF INIT entries?  The lack of v-speeds and only certain altitude information leads me to believe you're not giving the plane all the data it needs to calculate all of that for you.

Have you flown the tutorial flights?

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle..........

I can't think of what I may have overlooked. It seems that the event occurs only when Regina or Edmonton are used.

I'd send a pic  of the PERF INT, but I can't see any way to attach one here.

Yes, I flew the tutorials when the aircraft was released, but it has been quite a while ago. I've been flying the 737 NGX pretty constantly since then, with very few bugs.

Jack

I can't think of what I may have overlooked. It seems that the event occurs only when Regina or Edmonton are used.
I'd send a pic  of the PERF INT, but I can't see any way to attach one here.

Yes, I flew the tutorials when the aircraft was released, but it has been quite a while ago. I've been flying the 737 NGX pretty constantly since then, with very few bugs.

Hmm...

Might be an issue with the runway data at the departure airport, then.

Either that, or it's an issue stemming from whatever you're using to build the route.  Try entering the route by hand instead to see what that does.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle..........

Tried that, but result was exactly the same - no v speeds and partial altitudes in the legs area. There are no sids for Regina, but there is a star for Edmonton.

Jack

There are no sids for Regina

You must still select a runway at Regina, regardless of the availability of a SID.  Are you doing this from the SID/STAR page?

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle.........

Yes, I select the departing/arrival runway(s) just after I enter the departing and arrival airports info, usually as a company route.

Jack

Yes, I select the departing/arrival runway(s) just after I enter the departing and arrival airports info, usually as a company route.

Based on your PM (clarifiying your entries in the FMC), and the information here, it sounds like this might be a NAV DATA issue and not an issue with your workflow, or the plane.

I'll try to confirm this by flying it myself later, but I've been so busy that I can't make any promises*.  If any other forum members wouldn't mind trying a flight from Regina to see if they see the same issue, that would be amazing.

*For those of you scratching your head thinking "you spend a ton of time on the forums, how do you not have time for the sim???"  I refresh the forum periodically at work since I'm stuck here anyway.  It's not as easy to get away with hauling my entire sim rig in here.

Kyle Rodgers

Tony/Kyle............

Well, I changed to metric but the same thing happened.  No v speed, but partial altitudes in legs area.

Then I loaded a flight plan from Vancouver to Edmonton, using the same method(s) as I did from Regina to Edmonton.  Everything worked perfectly.

I think I'll try Edmonton to Regina and what happens.  I'll also try Regina to another airport rather than Edmonton and see what happens in that instance.

Jack

Jack,

I've just got back and had a chance to look at my NGX. Did you check whether the V speed display setting in the FMC hasn't got inadvertently changed. On the Takeoff page, bottom right, if the prompt says QRH ON> select that LSK. The prompt changes to QRH OFF> and it should display calculated V speed prompts. If it already says QRH OFF> then that's that theory discounted.

I don't think this is livery dependent but if it had got changed somehow and the panel state saved it would always load each time in the non-default state.

Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

KEVIN........

No, the QRH reads "OFF".

I really do appreciate the time your spending on this with me.

I double checked the departing runway and it's been changed from 13 to 31. I don't see how that could make any appreciable difference, but who knows.

I've got to work on another project for the rest of today, but I'll be back at it tomorrow.

By the way, I checked Navigraph to see if they updated PMDG data as they had done the past two cycles.  Nothing changed.

Jack

I really do appreciate the time your spending on this with me.

Always glad to help if I can. Unfortunately I'm out of inspiration on this problem for now. Frustrated for you mate.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Kyle..........

Well, this is actually a miniscule problem as far as the 737 NGX is concerned.  After all, it's only one flight plan in one kind of minor area.  I'll get back to it at some point, but "Time Marches On".

I think you're too young know the significance of that (lol).

Jack