Sign in to follow this  
Tomcat_F-14D

A350 from FlightFactor

Mtaxp,

From Flight Factor: "This basically means that the models would include all of the systems that the Pro line does, but simplified sometimes and most importantly very hard to break. So no user created failures or complicated procedures". 

I would take this as not being as complex as the Pro models.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I guess airbus x jardesign and peter hager got no failures.

As how i see it some features will be added when they got the data.

x-plane.org is an open forum, and still the most important X-Plane forum. You can read there without registration.

You can't see the pics without registration, and I think that's where his frustration comes in.

Founder of X-Aviation

You can't see the pics without registration, and I think that's where his frustration comes in.

Oh. You're right. That's bad then. Apologies for my post.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I hate to rain on the parade but this is not going to be a very detailed airliner.  Detailed liners take years to complete, for example PMDG, FSLABS and IXEG..   When you pop out three planes in a few years you are not going to have accuracy or realistic systems.  

How much is even known about the A350 yet?  Any pilots or technicians  typed in the thing are probably all working for bus and are probably not working on FS addons.  

I think there is a lot of talent on the FF team,  I just wish they would slow down and build accurate liners instead of pumping out " ahh close enough"  liners....   I guess there is more money in making airliners that you can't even use TOPCAT with than taking the time to SIMULATE a airliner.  

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

@  ramzzess

: (25 August 2014 - 02:33 PM)there is a pro modle in production, but we are not ready to talk about it yet. My hope is, we will annouce it before the end of 2014      

"From Chat"

Detailed liners take years to complete, for example PMDG, FSLABS and IXEG.. When you pop out three planes in a few years you are not going to have accuracy or realistic systems.

For some developers, this is more than just a hobby. IXEG have stated time and time again, they have other priorities and lives to live. Keep pumping them out Flight Factor!

For some developers, this is more than just a hobby. IXEG have stated time and time again, they have other priorities and lives to live. Keep pumping them out Flight Factor!

Sorry, not trying to be rude....  but you don't get it..

FF can pump out planes because what takes the time is modeling systems and FBW in the case of the 777 or a bus properly.  For example use the PMDG 777 and do a T/O calculation with TOPCAT and now do the same with the FF 777...  You can't with the FF 777 because it does not derate like the real 777

PMDG is NOT a hobby for those guys and they have a much bigger team and they take years to develop a plane like the 777. 

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

PMDG is an outlier though. By all accounts the flight simulation genre is on its arse, I won't blame developers for wanting to release things to market when they are good enough to start making them some money.

Sorry, not trying to be rude....  but you don't get it..

FF can pump out planes because what takes the time is modeling systems and FBW in the case of the 777 or a bus properly.  For example use the PMDG 777 and do a T/O calculation with TOPCAT and now do the same with the FF 777...  You can't with the FF 777 because it does not derate like the real 777

PMDG is NOT a hobby for those guys and they have a much bigger team and they take years to develop a plane like the 777. 

Two different simulation platforms entirely.  Let's see what PMDG does on XPX and then we'll talk...

FF aircraft are plenty good and will only get better.  Be careful as well to correlate the amount of time it takes to complete a product with the quality of the product.  While this can be true, there are countless other factors such as how efficient a team actually executes during the development phase, etc.  PMDG basically said going forward they will be changing their philosophy in releasing updates to be more nimble in future cases (i.e. a full year for a service pack)... it is entirely possible other teams are already doing things more efficiently.

Also, from a very basic standpoint, FSLabs is not out yet, so none of us know of the quality until we actually use it and reviews start hitting the web.  Nor is the FF A350 out, and as such, premature judgments on its quality and features are exactly that... premature.

I can see why ff does not bother with system accuracy.

It appears only a small percentage of us notice the difference.

Mike Avallone

I can see why ff does not bother with system accuracy.

It appears only a small percentage of us notice the difference.

I think they might be making the assumption that because the majority of their user base aren't real 777 pilots (which is probably true) then we won't notice the difference. Not everyone uses more than one platform and has both the PMDG and FF 777's like we do so a lot of people who only use XP will only get exposure to the FF 777.

As much as I like XP for it's fluidness and visuals especially at night time I still find that overall the PMDG 777 gives me more of a sensation of an actual 777 than the FF does, not just in terms of visuals but also consistency with the real aircraft in terms of systems accuracy (electronic checklists, TO de-rates, FMS inconsistencies etc).

The FF may have a lot of systems modelled as well but after a bit of study you do notice they aren't entirely accurate.

Update:

We are ready for beta A350 XWB testers.

Anyway, now the Airbus A350 feature list of version 1.0. Remember, work on version 2.0 which will be a Pro version, will start immediately. Ok, general systems of FlightFactor A350 Advanced:
- Fully custom aircraft systems
- Fully custom ECAM monitoring system
- Fully functional Airbus style alert system
- Fully functional interactive Airbus electronic checklist
- Airbus A350/A380 unique “touch screen” interfaces
- Fully custom and unique MFD system
- Full OIS screen system with options, ground equipment control etc.
- Old style MCDU and fully functional aux instruments as backup.
- Full FBW with realistic implementation of Airbus “normal law” by QPAC.
- In v1.0 an advanced flight planning interface (based on XP native data)
- Basic SID/STAR implementation using X-Plane FMS-files.
- “What you see is what you fly” flight path indication on the ND
- Implementation of all Airbus AP modes, except ….
- Full PFD and ND displays with fully independent display
- Independent autopilots
- Many new options ….

As usual a very advanced 3D model with HD textures and complete and animated mechanics! More to follow soon!

Full FBW with realistic implementation of Airbus “normal law” by QPAC.

This is the best and maybe most important feature in this list.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir