Sign in to follow this  
Guest danowat

FSD 337?

I was on a recent trip in Orange County, CA, and remembered FSD's 337 when I saw a real 337 parked in SNA's GA parking. Does anyone have news on FSD's 337? I haven't seen any recent discussion in their forums, but their posted screenshots made the exterior model seem pretty complete and those were some months ago.-John

Guest OwenH FSD

Hi John,Yes, the C337 is still well underway. 2-D panel work is being done in the background, and we haven't gotten to the point of releasing new screenshots. Several members of FSD have experienced deaths in their respective families (luckily I have not), and that has delayed a few thing, but we are gaining steam in getting back on track.Thanks!Owen

Glad to hear about the 337, very sorry to hear about the tragedy effecting FSD members. Delays are certainly understandable--thanks for the reply Owen--the pics I have seen look great!-John

Guest OwenH FSD

Sure, John, thanks for the understanding. If you are a rotorhead by chance, I invite you to check out the Bell 206's I just released ... The most up-to-date files can be grabbed over at HoverControl.com. There is an update needed for the files here at AVSIM that haven't hit the servers yet.Best regards,Owen

Owen, I saw that freeware contribution of the B206. I dont fly rotors because I dont have rudder pedals, which I think are critical to flying Helos. However, I want to thank you for the contribution. You guys periodically do pump out a freeware piece which I think not only enhances your brand by putting you "top of mind" with FS folks, but also is a signal that you are part of a larger community. Other payware companies should follow your lead. The T-38 you guys did is a classic.In any case I did download your work (which was an automatic!) and thank you for taking time to do it.best,Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest OwenH FSD

Thanks much for your kind words, Eric. Yes, even though I work with FSD at creating payware packages, it is very nice to be able to take a tangent once in a blue moon and release something for free to the entire community as a goodwill contribution. I cannot and will not forget that my roots in design were based in freeware aircraft, so it is nice to visit the arena once in a while.Best regards,Owen

Guest danowat

Little OT, but I must say thanks for the new Bell Owen, very nice freeware gift to the community.Dan.