Sign in to follow this  
Nixon

Is this the shortest 777 flight?

Recently I have been flying from Gatwick to Antigua as BA 2157. After Antigua the plane flies on to one of three destinations which are Tobago, Punta Cana and St Kitts. Tobago and Punta Cana are approx 400 NM from Antigua. St Kitts though is only 65 NM from Antigua.

I assume that you can't board the BA 777 at Antigua and just fly to anyone of these destinations therefore the St Kitts hop is only part of a longer route. Yet in my view it still counts as a flight. When I have the time I intend to do this short hop!

My question is does anyone know of an even shorter 777 passenger flight?

Other ones I know of:

ANZ90 NZCH - NZAA 405nm (Summer Only RJAA-NZCH-NZAA )

Emirates OMDB - OTHH 212.8 nm (glass of water, and the flights over)

There is probably a lot more.

St Kitts though is only 65 NM from Antigua.

That one would be hard to beat

I assume that you can't board the BA 777 at Antigua and just fly to anyone of these destinations therefore the St Kitts hop is only part of a longer route. Yet in my view it still counts as a flight. When I have the time I intend to do this short hop!

Last year I did the BA flight that landed in Antigua and then went on to Punta Cana.Its scheduled to be in Antigua for an hour. We wasn't allowed to get off the plane. Passengers did board for the flight to Punta Cana so I guess you can buy a ticket for the short hops. Will have to see if you can buy a ticket from BA.Com

Are there European routes that are flown with a 777? I like to fly the 777, but I also like to fly routes that take 2/3 hours.

Last year I did the BA flight that landed in Antigua and then went on to Punta Cana.Its scheduled to be in Antigua for an hour. We wasn't allowed to get off the plane. Passengers did board for the flight to Punta Cana so I guess you can buy a ticket for the short hops. Will have to see if you can buy a ticket from BA.Com

I just looked on the BA site and you are right, you can buy tickets from Antigua to all three destinations.

Here's a link to current flights with the 772, ordered by length, shortest first:

http://flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/B772?;offset=0;sort=ASC;order=filed_ete

And the same for the 77W (-300):

http://flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/B77W?;offset=0;sort=ASC;order=filed_ete

It changes all the time since it's live, but bet on finding a japanese domestic flight as the shortest 772 flight, probably around 45 mins - 1 hour.

If you search this forum you will find quite a few posts on this subject.

I often fly on a Qatar 777-300 back & forth from Doha to Bahrain. Flight time is around 20 minutes covering roughly 80 miles depending on wind direction and runway in use.

Cruise altitude is 12000/13000ft and usually the flight is nearly empty, revenue come from the cargo below.

BA also fly the same route using the 777 or 744

EDDP - LIME in a 777F

BOX512 Aerologic

360nm

Where do you find BOX flights ? I only can find Lufthansa Cargo, Google was not my friend on that one :-/