Sign in to follow this  
Guest B737_200_Pilot

What do you guys use for approach plates?

Guest Stryker

Those of you who do hard core IFR flying in MSFS:For your enroute charts, DPs, STARs, airport diagrams, approach charts, etc., what do you use? Professionally I use Jeppesen charts, but I only need them for the state of Florida in "real life." To buy them for the whole country would cost me a year's pay. :(The NOS ones are a lot cheaper, but could still get expensive. Is there anyplace to get them for free or extremely cheap on the web?

I use NOS charts in real-life, but just northwest stuff. I got expireds from my local pilot shop the day on of the cycles was up. They were free (the were gonna throw them out later that day anyway) and I got all the ones they had left. So now I have all kinds of sectionals, WACs, Terminals, plates, high and low enroutes, and AF/Ds which all ahve data more current than in FS right now anyway. Hehe.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest RiddlePilot

www.myairplane.com They just updated the way they list STARs not long ago which is VERY convenient.

Guest Stryker

Wow. Didn't know all this stuff was available, and right in front of my nose. Thanks for the tips.

The best thing about the link Ryan provided is that these can be used for real world ops. Nice for flying outside your typical coverage area. Works better for me for cockpit organization too. You may also want to try http://164.214.2.62/products/digitalaero/index.html for airports outside the US, although it's far from complete.Brian

Brian W

KPAE

Guest RiddlePilot

You guys hiring down there at FXE? As much as I hate FL, it might be the place to be after graduation, as I've gotten used to the shorts and t-shirt weather in January here in Daytona.

Guest Stryker

I'm not quite sure how the big picture is. I just started myself. Nationwide I'd say it looks like more people are hiring instructors, as the regionals continue to pick up their own hiring. I think our school in particular may need a couple more heads soon, depending on how certain dealings play out.You can't walk 10 feet down here without tripping over a flight school or charter operation. It's the reason I moved down here. Better odds.

http://www.airnav.comit offers the easiest navigation and weather at a glance as well as general airport data.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest av84fun

I just went up the the myairplane site and was astonished to see that for $25.00 they offer a DVD package that contains a Complete set of Digital VFR Sectionals, Digital VFR Terminal Area Charts and the High & Low Altitude Enroute IFR Charts.There are 53 sectionals ALONE in the US and parts of Canada plus you get the TACs and both high and low alt. IFR charts.Printed versions are about $6.00 EACH so there is several hundred dollars worth of value there for $25 bucks.I have long used a laptop next to my main PC where I've had digital approach plates on a CD but this package is awesome...for US pilots anyway.Each DVD has a built in search/scroll/print capability but I would never use the print function. My laptap will now serve as a simulated MFD.I have nothing to do with myairplane.rEgards,Jim

Guest jettjokk

I had been using airnav-I was amazed I could get STARS, DP's, IAP's, and airport diagrams there for free.However I can no longer get to the link you posted. Maybe for 2 weeks now. Would you be able to confirm whether this is a result of some IE change on my part or is this something everyone now finds?Thanks for any information.DanS

It worked for me earlier tonight.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest Stryker

It works. I use airnav frequently.

jeremy,Can you drop me an email please?

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

Guest Stryker

>I just went up the the myairplane site and was astonished to>see that for $25.00 they offer a DVD package that contains a>Complete set of Digital VFR Sectionals, Digital VFR Terminal>Area Charts and the High & Low Altitude Enroute IFR Charts.>>There are 53 sectionals ALONE in the US and parts of Canada>plus you get the TACs and both high and low alt. IFR charts.>>Printed versions are about $6.00 EACH so there is several>hundred dollars worth of value there for $25 bucks.>>I have long used a laptop next to my main PC where I've had>digital approach plates on a CD but this package is>awesome...for US pilots anyway.>>Each DVD has a built in search/scroll/print capability but I>would never use the print function. My laptap will now serve>as a simulated MFD.>>I have nothing to do with myairplane.>>rEgards,>Jim>Now THAT is cool. I wonder if it would work with any of the moving map software that's out for FS? If not, guess I'll have to get a laptop (ok so much for saving money) :(