Sign in to follow this  
JSilva

REX Download Error

I don't know where to post this but when I try to download REX4 Texture Direct, the file got corrupted when download finished (and I am using a Download Manager). What is even worse is that I ran out of redownloads (which shouldn't be possible because I only redownloaded 3 times and it shouldn't hit 0 as I got a limit of 20 redownloads). I brought the product from FSPilotShop.

EDIT: I cannot post this at REX Forums as I am not a Verified Customer yet (I registered today).

EDIT2: For some reason, my downloads left reached -11.

Júnior Silva

I would  go back to fspilot shop since looks like its  their error, shouldn't be that hard  to correct  the issue for you

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I would  go back to fspilot shop since looks like its  their error, shouldn't be that hard  to correct  the issue for you

Thanks for the advice. I will contact FSPilotShop.

Júnior Silva

And try downloading it normally instead of using a download manager.

I don't see how not using a download manager will fix this. Firstly, according to the installer guide, using a download manager is recommended as downloading large files using a web browser only could corrupt downloads. Secondly, this is my normal way to download.

BTW, I tried to call FSPilotShop but the call failed.

Júnior Silva

I am going to try submitting a ticket to FSPilotShop concerning the problem. I shouldn't have passed the limit since I downloaded three times and the number of downloads left shouldn't be -11 so I am amazed this happened. If successful, I am going to try another Download Manager (I used DownloadThemAll).

EDIT: I made a ticket, I am waiting for a response.

Júnior Silva

I don't see how not using a download manager will fix this.

A basic principle of troubleshooting is "don't keep doing the exact same thing over and over again and expect to get different results."  Another one is "never make assumptions about what could not possible be a factor."

It probably doesn't have anything to do with it.  But it's also a very simple test you can do without needing to wait for however long it takes for someone at FS Pilotshop to come help you.

I had the exact same problem! FSPilotShop happily reset my downloads but for some reason one download counts as 5-8 in the download countdown. I was never able to get it working (corrupt .zip file) but I was able to salvage an old REX download on a previous computer. It was enormously frustrating.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "P3D Scenery - Native and Add-Ons" to "The Prepar3d General Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

The main problem is that you cant even post this in the REX forum. They HATE any kind of negative feedback so even if you could post it, it may be deleted anyway. This has nothing to do with P3D....such a shame that REX customer service has been allowed to get that bad.

The main problem is that you cant even post this in the REX forum. They HATE any kind of negative feedback so even if you could post it, it may be deleted anyway. This has nothing to do with P3D....such a shame that REX customer service has been allowed to get that bad.

Paul,

Junior was helped the instant he posted on our forum, and he's been up and running since.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Paul your statement is completely untrue.   We have a very thorough and effective support process - all geared to help the customer to get the most out of REX software and their flight sim experience.

We use the forum as the first tier for support.  Between Tim, Galen, James, our Beta Team, and me we try to help each customer as affectively as possible.   If we are not able to resolve the issue with a customer via the forum we provide online chat with one of our support staff as well as the option to do a scheduled one on one support session via GotoAssist.

In addition we have created specific video tutorials that give more insight to get the most out of REX, FSX, as well as P3D.

Our number one goal has been support of our customers. 

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

That's a funny advise.

Spirit

Only to people incapable of or uninterested in troubleshooting to determine the problem.  When you eliminate everything that's not the problem, you have found the problem.  And when you make assumptions and discard possibilities instead of testing all the possibilities (no matter how unlikely you consider them to be), you tend to fail at finding the problem.

Only to people incapable of or uninterested in troubleshooting to determine the problem.

Well, if you think so. We're lucky to have you and your recommendations. We wouldn't survive. :wacko:

Spirit