Sign in to follow this  
Guest Herrie

Survey

Guest jettjokk

Tried to take it but I couldn't even get to the first link from the news release. Now if 3500 people have responded and the website is already overwhelmed, then at the very least MS has contracted with a company with meager bandwidth. Aren't there several million users of FS9? Imagine if ALL of them tried to respond.As to the sending of data back to MS every time one closes FS9, anyone who uses Windows Update (including WinXP SP2) has already been "data-mined" by MS.I for one am suspicious that MS wants to know what type of hardware we are using for their product. In the first place, they would only need to spend some time reading the available forums. Many members state their hardware in their signature banners. Also this product has a long history of causing users to continually upgrade their hardware chasing the good frame rates. In fact I wonder what sort of PC's MS used when they developed FS9. I do know that there are much better graphics than FS9 ever dreamed of being used in professional flight simulators. There I expect I would find something like a supercomputer being used.Just my 2 cents.DanS

Guest diajohn2

What a bunch of crap is being posted in this thread. Microsoft wants our help in developing FS10 and we #### and moan about garbage. Grow up!! If you are so paranoid or so anti-microsoft, don't participate in the survey. You will be doing the FlightSim community a favor.

I call that full disclosure. Spyware by definition works without full disclosure.If the logger would deliberately cripple FS and/or Windows if it's removed and/or send information irrelevant to the task at hand it would be something else.

If it works like anything else Microsoft has that calls home it will first offer you to see the exact content of the message it plans to send, just like DXDiag does.The "spyware" cries seem to be mostly coming from a group of hardcore anti-Microsoft zealots who for some reason or other decide that they don't care that FS is created by them (even though there are alternatives...).

>As to the sending of data back to MS every time one closes>FS9, anyone who uses Windows Update (including WinXP SP2) has>already been "data-mined" by MS.Complete BS, and you know it.Windows update sends precisely nothing at all to Microsoft except a list of updates it would like to retrieve. If you call that datamining than tell me how else it should get those updates...>I for one am suspicious that MS wants to know what type of>hardware we are using for their product. In the first place,I guess they want to release a product that works on as much current hardware as possible. Wouldn't you?Seeing the reams of complaints from people who can't get 10000 fps on their P2-300s with 128MB RAM that seems a logical thing to want to know...>they would only need to spend some time reading the available>forums. Many members state their hardware in their signature>banners. Also this product has a long history of causing usersonly the braggers do... That generally means only the people with the very highest spec hardware.>to continually upgrade their hardware chasing the good frame>rates. In fact I wonder what sort of PC's MS used when they>developed FS9. I do know that there are much better graphics>than FS9 ever dreamed of being used in professional flight>simulators. There I expect I would find something like a>supercomputer being used.yes, those use supercomputers. Microsoft could easily go that way, but then they would loose the entire market.Precisely why they need to know the average specs of their customers' computers, something you earlier claimed they had no need to know...You are a typical anti-Microsoft zealot it seems.My advise: buy a Mac and X-Plane and begone from this Microsoft-infested world you hate so much (and please stop bothering us with your unfounded remarks about the company and its products).

Guest Herrie

I am glad that mr Wenting is not the administrator of the AVSIM community, because a lot of us would be purged in no time. Motto: if you are not for us, you are against us.Herrie

Guest pilot_guru

>Dave whatever your smoking I want some of it... :-boom If drugs are your thing in life, keep it to yourself - I see no need to invite others to participate in a losers game. >You have nothing better to do than get on a trusted site you go to everyday and question a simple Microsoft survey...For a know it all, you sure don't know much, do you! >If you take the time and visit other FS related sites you'll see this survey posted and therefore legitimate.Oh, I see, just because it appears at other sites, it must be legitimate - fascinating. I visted the first and foremost site that information about this survey SHOULD have been posted on - Microsofts Flight Simulator website - not one squeaky little word! >If Tom and the boys at Avsim, Flightsim.com, Simflight, and FSNordic tell you this is legitimate I see no reason not to believe >them.HAD I have seen the earlier post by Tom, I would mostly likely not have posted at all. I don't make a habit of reading yesterdays news - yesterday is long gone, it is today and tomorrow that interests me more. >Try getting your pilot

I must say I am fascinated by the very predictable responses from various contributors to this thread. I guess I would be among the purged although I don't think I am particularly pro or anti MS and I was happy to give them my thoughts, glad they asked certainly not before time. Never-the-less if they wanted me to participate in the next round I am not sure that I would be prepared to do so given what they have said about their research methodology.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest Madtrapper

Yes... I took it?Today I got through to the finish.Trying to do it yesterday was a waste of time.I would have liked it to have more question about microsoft COF/Fs9.....my likes....and dislikes etc.To many questions unrelated to COF IMO!

I bet you stayed up all night typing this response... :-lol "I have swapped emails between myself and the company running the survey (on behalf of Microsoft). The company is well aware (and agrees) that authenticity regarding the Survey could have handled better." Something told me you would have gone so far as to either contact the company or trace the URL back to Microsoft. Like I said before you have way more time on your hands than me if you can site back and crosscheck the validity of this survey (personally I don't think it's that serious). I'll just take Tom

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Herrie

And on an on it goes....Herrie

You obviously don't have a clue about me...What I'm tired of is the constant Microsoft bashing that goes on even here, bashing which is totally unfounded and extremely childish.I'd not ban them all, but I do reserve the right to rectify them.As the person in this instance is quite obviously extremely unhappy doing business with Microsoft I give him sound advise about the existence of alternative technologies he can use so he no longer has to do such business.As a result of changing over to that alternate technology he then also would no longer have to suffer from the presence of all the people here who do enjoy Microsoft products and we'd no longer have to listen to his unfounded and inflamatory remarks re the company and its products.Everyone wins out. If you have a problem with that I don't know what it would be or how you can be helped.

That is quite on purpose. The idea is to select a wide range of different users, not just hardcore FS addicts with a very loud mouth about what they REQUIRE to be in the next version.

Guest Herrie

Sent by God, are you? I certainly do not want to be helped by you. And you give them sound advise you say. By calling them anti-Microsoft zealots?What is wrong with you?Herrie