Sign in to follow this  
acroshaw

c310 autopilot not working with f1 gtn gauges

I have posted instructions for the "font" issue in the official support forum.

I've also noted there that the current version of the P3Dv2 installer should be:

MilViz C310R P3Dv2_v3.140807.exe

I just purchased this last week from Milviz, not Flight 1.  Why did I get an old program?  No place on your website to update.  How do I update to correct version?

I just purchased this last week from Milviz, not Flight 1. Why did I get an old program? No place on your website to update. How do I update to correct version?

Mine came from Colin as a ZIP file 2 days ago. I assumed I had the latest. I'll double check.

As for the font issue I just jumped in the forum. I must be blind. I cannot see your post about the fonts N4GIX. Can you link me?

NM. I just saw your instructions tucked into the GTN thread there. Might want to make a sticky for this one.

C.

Mine came from Colin as a ZIP file 2 days ago. I assumed I had the latest. I'll double check.

As for the font issue I just jumped in the forum. I must be blind. I cannot see your post about the fonts N4GIX. Can you link me?

NM. I just saw your instructions tucked into the GTN thread there. Might want to make a sticky for this one.

C.

Would you let me know if you got the correct version?  I submitted an email to Milviz support, but I have not received a reply.  I also received a zip file from Colin a few days ago, but according to N4GIX, I got the wrong version.

Would you let me know if you got the correct version?  I submitted an email to Milviz support, but I have not received a reply.  I also received a zip file from Colin a few days ago, but according to N4GIX, I got the wrong version.

The files I received were from an email with a link that gave me these...

MV_C310R_P3Dv2_v3.140421a.zip

MilViz_C310R_F1GTN_v1.140818.zip

I have replied to Colin that there is a newer version? Waiting to hear back.

Charles.

I notified Colin yesterday that he apparently did not d/l the latest build of the C310R P3Dv2 installer. I had made the same 'fixes' to the P3Dv2 version that I made for the FSX version, at the same time I created the Flight1 GTN and Mindstar GNS panels and models.

I guess I need to set aside some time to upgrade to P3Dv2.4 so I can install the C310R and the GTN package. So far I've been unable to replicate this reported problem. Perhaps there's been some change between v2.3 and v2.4 that is responsible for this issue.

If there's anything for absolute certain, I can't possibly fix whatever the cause might be unless I can replicate the problem!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I notified Colin yesterday that he apparently did not d/l the latest build of the C310R P3Dv2 installer. I had made the same 'fixes' to the P3Dv2 version that I made for the FSX version, at the same time I created the Flight1 GTN and Mindstar GNS panels and models.

I guess I need to set aside some time to upgrade to P3Dv2.4 so I can install the C310R and the GTN package. So far I've been unable to replicate this reported problem. Perhaps there's been some change between v2.3 and v2.4 that is responsible for this issue.

If there's anything for absolute certain, I can't possibly fix whatever the cause might be unless I can replicate the problem!

I work in IT support and I feel your pain.

If there is anything I can snap a shot of, copy you on, send you... whatever... Let me know.

Charles.

Sweet. Just had a patch emailed to me. Nice. Can't wait to get home and try it.

Thanks for the support. Hope it works.

C.

Uninstalled and installed new version of the 310. Issue remains. GTN750 installed and AP and ADF are dead. I also do not have this fonts you mentioned in either the FSX or P3D fonts folder.

Charles.

No real help to the affected guys I know, but just to say this must be a 100% P3D2 issue, as I'm using the C310R model with the GTN750 in FSX, and have no Inop Autopilot or DME.

All worked fine from the get go.

Uninstalled and installed new version of the 310. Issue remains. GTN750 installed and AP and ADF are dead. I also do not have this fonts you mentioned in either the FSX or P3D fonts folder.

Charles.

Charles, Fr. Stupid forgot to add the script to install the fonts in the latest builds. I've posted a link to the missing fonts in the thread in our support forum.

http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4253&start=20

I'm setting aside time today to finally get around to updating from P3D v2.3 to v2.4 so I can use the installers to get a 'virgin install' of the C310R and the GTN update. Hopefully I'll be able to replicate the problem and find out what's wrong.

Fr. Bill    

Okay, it took over six HOURS to uninstall P3Dv2.3 and get P3Dv2.4 installed and running again.

I got the base C310R installed and checked out as AOK. I've got the GTN upgrade installed and then discovered that I needed to update my Flight 1 P3D GTN installer to v1.04 so they'd work with P3Dv2.4.

So far everything is working properly, although I do notice that the KAP140 has been moved to the top of the left stack, with the GTN750 just below it.

Fr. Bill    

Okay, it took over six HOURS to uninstall P3Dv2.3 and get P3Dv2.4 installed and running again.

I got the base C310R installed and checked out as AOK. I've got the GTN upgrade installed and then discovered that I needed to update my Flight 1 P3D GTN installer to v1.04 so they'd work with P3Dv2.4.

So far everything is working properly, although I do notice that the KAP140 has been moved to the top of the left stack, with the GTN750 just below it.

Well, the new patch made no difference in my case.  The AutoPilot still acts the same as pointed out in cverl's picture and is unresponsive to any clicks in the VC.

I am using the Milviz version, not the Flight1 as they do not sell it for P3D 2.4.

Fresh install of P3Dv2 and 310R freshly downloaded from Milviz with the patch. First shot without the patch second with.

Question... Do I need to own the 650 as well? Is that why this is happening?

Dead ADF and AP after patch. Second try.

Also note compared to N4GIX's video, my fonts are buggered.

Having had time to investigate this issue further, I have noticed that both your screenshot and my video are using the original interior model I had made for this upgrade package.

However, the current interior model has the KAP140 autopilot at the top of the left stack, with the GTN750 below it. I will be updating the GTN750/650 installer tomorrow with this new(er) interior model, as well as including the missing fonts just in case they are needed.

Fr. Bill    

Having had time to investigate this issue further, I have noticed that both your screenshot and my video are using the original interior model I had made for this upgrade package.

However, the current interior model has the KAP140 autopilot at the top of the left stack, with the GTN750 below it. I will be updating the GTN750/650 installer tomorrow with this new(er) interior model, as well as including the missing fonts just in case they are needed.

Ok. Also can we clarify something?

When I get the new version.... What version of the F1 GTN 750 is required. Is it OK that I don't own the 650. And lastly... Do I use the GTN Configuration tool on the 310? Or just simply do your GTN patch? Or both?

C.