Sign in to follow this  
sab12

FS9.1 crash while changing to/between certain aircraft ...

I have had a problem with getting, "FS2004 has encountered a problem and needs to close" crashes when I'm changing aircraft in mid-flight.The problem SEEMS to be related to changing to or between aircraft from one particular studio only. If I start a flight with these same aircraft and don't change airplanes, there is no issue.This happens with different drivers (ATI Catalyst 4.12 and 5.3, latest Omegas based on Catalyst 5.1).I have a fix (just don't do those particular aircraft changes) but wonder if I am missing another cause that reflects an underlying issue or weakness in my system. I have been having other instances of the "encountered a problem" crash occasionally for reasons I can't connect to anything I'm doing at the time.Thanks,

My experience: only attempt to change in mid-flight if you are in the 2d cockpit. Not the VC, and not the spot view.Some aircraft may still crash FS9 even if you do this.In that case, switch to a default aircraft first (Cessna or Baron) and switch to the other aircraft from there.

Bert

Bert,Had reply on another forum which suggested being careful to switch aircraft from 2-D view only - tried but didn't help with the particular aircraft involved. However, your experience includes that.Will now try going to default aircraft first.Thanks......

Bert,Going to default aircraft first works for my "problem" aircraft.Thanks,