Sign in to follow this  
Mike T

Abacus "Fly the Airbus 380" would first purchasers plz ...

Hi Andrew...actually, I was just trying to get an idea of what folks thought.I got that in spades so I my quest is fulfilled! I will take the majority opinion, and sit this one out. Cheers all!bt

Guest amtran752

If you post news about something, you better understand it and know it's accurate information. The Perfect Flight L1011, that newly released 717, and this A380 are jokes.All of which get front page coverage on FS.com and AVSIM.com with links to the developers websites, and rosey descriptions about the products. If that is not promoting, then tell me, what is it?People waste their hard earned dollars on this stuff, and they are paying the same amounts they could be paying for something much nicer that is of what we consider "payware quality." If they aren't intentionally promoting it, as you say it is just "news", they sure are not warning people about how cheap and useless some of these add ons are. Oh Hail Money!If anyone who develops these poorly made add ons for MSFS is reading, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but bashing developers here will get you thrown out pretty quickly. There is no developer in this hobby that hasn't been faulted at one time or another, and if posting news on their releases was predicated on a perfect track record, then no news would ever be posted. If you are looking to create a ruckus, don't go there. You will loose. Please go and read our terms of use. Abide by them, or don't post here at all.

>they sure are not warning people about how cheap>and useless some of these add ons are. Oh Hail Money!>>>If anyone who develops these poorly made add ons for MSFS is>reading, you should be ashamed of yourselves.Could you post a couple of screenshots that show that you actually own these addons you so roundly denounce? You must be speaking from indepth knowledge, since you project a certain kind of almost messianic authority ("you should be ashamed of yourselves.")ricardo

Guest amtran752

"Could you post a couple of screenshots that show that you actually own these addons you so roundly denounce? You must be speaking from indepth knowledge, since you project a certain kind of almost messianic authority ("you should be ashamed of yourselves.")ricardo"Their websites preview screenshots speak volumes for themselves.

But you castigated more than just Abacus. I agree with the challange to you. Put up or shut up. You make sweeping statements and "shame on you" statements, but if you can't prove that you own any of those that you so readily castigate, then your input is pretty much BS. Am I showing a lack of tolerance for this crap? You betcha.

Guest amtran752

Okay, so I did not buy these planes, because I was smart enough to know that they are not up to par compared to other developers who offer much better products at the same price. Okay, so making justifiable remarks about certain software developers on AVSIM regarding their software not being up to par is frowned upon.I never claimed to have purchased this software, and I am sure you Tom, and all the others who think I am wrong, would never purchase their software either? Am I wrong?There are exceptions to this AVSIM rile, Ariane, which you, Tom, and AVSIM have taken a stance against to protect the flight simmer.Why not these other companies?Also, I did not resort to foul language, and incivility in this conversation.

I hate to butt in to this exciting thread, but one time I wrote to the Avsim staff, because I saw on Avsim one day something like "Ariane releases 737NG" or something to that effect, but when I came back here later that same day, the headline disappeared. I wrote to Avsim staff as I was saying and asked why it had been removed and the person who responded said he didn't realize it and didn't know why. So I was just kind of following up on it now that you mention something about the fact that Avsim has taken a stand to protect simmmers against Ariane, so I'm kind of curious now, what did Ariane do? I don't have any experience with Ariane, so I'm totally clueless about what you are talking about. It was kind of wierd that I noticed that, maybe I'm paranoid, because one day my friend said he was watching the local news and he said that the evening news staff were talking about a developing story about some kind of space object like a comet or a meteor or something and right in the middle of them talking about it, the TV went blank and came back a minute or two later with a commercial, and when the news came back on, there was no mention of what they were talking about. My friend was under the impression that the government had some how censored the story. Lol.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest amtran752

I will not respond to this thread any longer, as I have said my piece.I have nothing more to say because my opinion has been stated, and they will not change...........any time soon.

It's a long story Jeff. And it spans several years now. I won't even try to repeat some of it here. Just do a search for "Tishma" and "Ariane" here in the AVSIM forums and you'll learn more than you ever wanted to know. Start with the oldest post(s) and work forward.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

"I will not respond to this thread any longer, as I have said my piece.I have nothing more to say because my opinion has been stated, and they will not change...........any time soon."I don't think it will be easy to get anyone's respect when you hold Avsim to such standards as to censor what products get mentioned and what products don't. I said in an earlier post that Avsim will publish just about any press release submitted to them, subject to standards of decency. That shows high journalistic integrity IMHO.I think you ruffled feathers because you stormed in (and now out) like a herd of elephants not caring who you trampled. That is no way to express opinion, and the "I say it as I see it" or "I shoot from the hip" mentality doesn't fly well in forums where we can't see a hint of a smile or some other facial or physical cue that adds levity to our comments. You don't need to use profanity to offend in these forums--you only need slam doors and that speaks louder than words.-John

Doug,As always thanks for the reply, I've just begin my journey into this debacle(?), if that is infact what it is. As I start to delve deeper into this mystery (for me at least) I've already come across a few questions, so I'll ask one of them. I keep seeing posts referring to "ferdy" who is this "ferdy" and is this that ferd berful guy who posted incoherent messages all the time, but was able to speak perfect English? Or am I now lost even more than before. I would really like to learn more about what they are talking about, so I guess I will start reading posts. BTW: Does anyone remember the website Microwings, that was the first FS site that I went to frequently way back in the day, I guess that makes me an oldtimer here in the FS community, now my favorite site is Avsim of course. (When did Microwings shut down?)Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Ferdy is the notorious owner and operator of the highly notorious FSPlanet site.FSPlanet is renowned for stealing freeware and distributing it as a commercial service on a massive scale, and for threatening with legal action anyone who complains about that (and anyone who states in their distribution licenses that FSPlanet is barred from distributing the product).Microwings shut down about 2 years ago.

Guest benw

Guys, who cares? Most of us, who regularly punt around in the LDS 767, PMDG 737 or the DF 727 knows just from the screenies that this A380 is swimming in the baby pool. It's laughably basic to us. Saying that, there are other guys out there who think the default 737 is the last word in simulation and get spooked out by anything that doesn't start up with SHIFT+E. Something like this is great for them, as they can brag to their friends how they can 'fly' the new Airbus...We know better, of course.PS - I had a brain #### a long while back and bought the Perfect Flight MD11. It was as much fun as a burglar on Christmas Eve.