Sign in to follow this  
Mazo

MegasceneryEarth Ireland

this is what i see over Belfast

That's exactly the same as I have, very disappointing to have such a large and significant area borked. 

Gerard Marley

OK, I see what you are talking about. For you guys that are very familiar with the area, these issues must jump right out at you. Now I'm afraid that I will see more of these anomalies as I fly around!!  Wonder why the default shows through so badly in some areas and not others.

Even with these warts, Photo-scenery is still my choice as it is more closely true to the views out the cockpit. Perfection can be very elusive.

Lyn

That area of default scenery in the screenshot posted by irishsooner is ridiculous. I don't know what the hell they are talking about when they say that it can't be fixed. Horizon photoscenery does not suffer from that problem, and I have all of England, Scotland and Wales. People purchase photoscenery to get away from the butt ugly default scenery, so they sure as hell don't want large chunks of it on display where it really shouldn't be. It baffles me how that could be deemed acceptable.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I see that the Gen-X Ireland VFR photo scenery on the Earth Simulation web-site is branded Horizon. Sorry to any confusion my early post might have caused:-)

Its always been known for a long time the water masking is this way.  I would not bother as they wont fix it at this time. 

I'll see what answer i get from the support ticket i sent up day ago. 

True! That was the answer i got so far.....water masking issue that others have had in there products. Also said possible Belfast didn't have imagery available to the developer. Whatever! Just have to see if update comes along or not.

The developer has been made aware of the anomaly around Belfast. Hopefully he can find a way to patch that if the aerial imagery is available for that location. If imagery is available, then perhaps just a re-do of the watermask poly in that area might do the trick.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Thanks for recognising the problem Dean.  Looking at the photoscenery files, I believe the underlying imagery is ok, it just seems that the mask has been over generously applied and allowing the default to bleed through. This is evident by how the default scenery is graduated in visibility as per the mask density.

Lets hoping a quick fix if possible to what otherwise is a decent and good value rendition of my home area.

Gerard Marley

Thanks to PCAviator for responding back to my ticket that i set up and also here on this forum. Belfast would be nice if it is fixed at some point in time. Ireland is just so hard with this scenery package because it is an island and has rugged coastline and the watermasking ruins most of the coastline. Can't see the Giant's Causeway for ex.

Still i enjoy interior flying!

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but.....has the watermasking issue in this product been corrected? I would very much like some decent Northern Ireland photoscenery because I prefer it (even with no autogen) to the ORBx stuff. On a side note, does anyone know if the UK2000 EGAA Belfast Aldergrove Xtreme and EireSim EGAC Belfast City products blend OK with the MSE version of Northern Ireland? Also, can the Northern Ireland scenery be used without the Republic of Ireland? I already have the PlayHorizon Republic of Ireland, and it is excellent.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hello Chris

No, the WM has not been fixed,  All APs work but there will be colour differences.  Would imagine if the Horizon is above the MSE2 in the Library, that would give you the best of both worlds...got to be worth a try.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

I think I need to remind them about the watermasks. Default scenery showing in photographic scenery areas is really not acceptable in a payware product. They need to sort it out.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Agreed Chris..but how to do it most effectively? I'd buy most of their stuff if it was properly watermasked and colour corrected...but not in a million years as it stands now :( K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I sent an email to them this morning, Kevin. Let's see if I get a response :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png