Sign in to follow this  
arnobg

Home Cockpit....getting field of view angled up on screen

Hey everyone, I've recently finished a home cockpit which has a monitor behind the instrument panel to display my glass cockpit gauges. This will make the virtual cockpit completely useless one I have all of my switches installed. 

I am trying to figure out how to get the height and angle of view out the virtual cockpit windows to match the screen when I change to the 2D panel view, and hit "w" to make the panel go away. 

I have found out how to do the "Shift Enter" and "Shift Backspace" to raise and lower it, but this makes it overall higher than the cockpit itself and when turning left and right on the hat switch you can see you're way higher than the cockpit. How can I change the ANGLE UP instead of the height? For instance when I take off in the 2D panel deleted view at 2,000 FPM I can see the runway, but if I switch to virtual cockpit I can barely see the horizon. I want this field of view simulated since I have a glare shield and top panel on my simulator. 

Any ideas?

Here's an example of what I'm seeing, you can see way more runway in the non virtual cockpit view.

2014-8-29_13-29-22-768_zps663292e2.png[/u

2014-8-29_13-29-27-378_zps7bba4bce.png

Isn't it an issue of zoom levels and/or eyepoint?    Try CTRL + Q and SHIFT+CTRL + Q to adjust 2D panel along with zoom and eyepoint forwards and backwards.

Randall

Oh, sorry, you're not using 2D panel.  Try zoom and eyepoint settings.  A camera control program like EzDok or TrackIR may give you some more control. 

Randall

Hi,

To do this in the aircraft.cfg, go to the [views] section.

You will see something like this:

eyepoint=8.62, -1.4, 5.35

The first number adjusts the view Forward(increase) or Backward(decrease)

The middle number adjusts the view Left(decrease) or Right(increase)

The last number adjusts the view Up(increase) or Down(decrease)

It is a very frustrating process to end up getting the correct views. You make an adjustment, then you have to load FSX to see if that is what you want. If not, you have to exit FSX, go back to the.cfg change it, then load FSX again etc.. etc....

I ended up using OpusFSX camera system to get my views setup. You see the view on the screen in FSX, and adjust it to where you want it.

Bill

How can I change the ANGLE UP instead of the height?

A similar question (but on angling down) was posed on the A2A forums recently: you may find some of the suggestions in this thread helpful (no need to register or anything to view it).

Cheers,

Nick

Nick M - A2A Simulations