Sign in to follow this  
Guest glnflwrs

Navigation Lights Info Required

Guest cornclose

Do any of you know what type of Navigation/Anti-collision beacons can be used on top of fixed structures. I presume that there are specifications and classes to adhere to, but don't know where to start.I need to specifiy one of such units (it's actually going to be mounted on top of a flare stack (chimney) in Bahrain).Does anyone know what types I might need, and were to source one from a UK supplier ?Thanks_______RegardsChris Ehttp://www.circle-software.co.uk/php/html/images/logo.gifVisit http://www.circle-software.co.ukHome of X-Plane Photographic Scenery : England & Wales

Guest glnflwrs

Chris, In the US any structure over 90Ft tall and within 5NM of a controlled airport must have some form of anti-collision lighting. It can be either red flashing or white strobe and must be visible on a clear night for 5NM at an altitude of 1500Ft AGL. Crouse-Hinds or Federal Signal sell fixtures for that specific purpose. They even have "VaporTight" fixtures for classified areas such as refineries. The top of a flare stack could or could not be a hazardous classified area depending on the authority having jurisdiction and the job specs.Glenn FlowersElectrical Controls/Instrument DesignerFluor/Daniels

Guest cornclose

Thanks for your information Glenn, I appreciate it.

Bear in mind that those actual numbers will be US national regs - Bahrain national regs may be somewhat different in specifics. In fact, they will almost certainly be in Metric units rather than NM / Feet.Glenn - you work at F-D in Sugarland? I have to go down there in a couple weeks - I'm working with you guys on the Port Pelican project.Richard

Guest glnflwrs

No Richard, I work in Irvine, CA.Glenn