Sign in to follow this  
ramprat

Time changes---Why?

Hi fellow sim pilots,I appologize if this is a topic that has been thoroughly pounded in the past. But, I can't seem to find an answer.The problem: I start FS9 and every time I change locations, even if I stay in the same time zone, the time changes back one hour. I am using system time. This started when I did a reinstall a few months ago. I suspect it is something I have done but I can't figure out what.Thanks in advance.Bill Worth

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Hi Bill,This is a well known FS bug with regards to the timezones. Microsoft, only modeled accurate timezones for the US only and forgot the rest of the world existed!!.Look up Timezone 3.0 by Dennis Thompson. He has compiled timezone bgl's for the entire planet so local time displays properly according to GMT time, and DST is modeled at the proper times of the year.Hope this helps!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Hi Devin,Thanks for the response. The problem is with any US airport. If I change to the airport right next to the original one, the time jumps back one hour. I stay in the same time zone. It seems to be triggered by just changing locations, not time zones. Do you think it is the bug you are talking about or something else.Again, thanks for your help.Bill

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Hi Bill,Curious...but I haven't had the original FS timeszones in a while so I can't verify it. I know that the original FS timezone bgl changed GMT instead of Local time when crossing timezones...it may be related to that.I strongly recommend the files I mentioned above as Chris has done these files since the FS98 days, so they are very, very well done.Add them to your "Addon Scenery" folder so if you don't like them, you can delete them, or alternatively you can download FS Realtime that will do everything for you.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png