Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

What on earth just happened my 777 went crazy and crashed into the sea!

8 hours wasted!!! What about 300 simulated lifes? Just because they aren't "real", doesn't mean that they have no value. You are heartless! Thanks for good story telling though. I'll light a candle tonight.

Lol

Did you check the proper connection of your USB control device?

Very Interesting! I would also suggest taking a look at your USB connections too. I remember during a LIMC KATL flight while my 77L was en-route over the Atlantic on Autopilot, I banged my arm on the desk knocking the aircraft into some crazy death spiral. I recovered at FL100 but my FSPassanger cargo were not to happy and my oil pressure and hydraulics were shot to the point where finally my engines gave out and I had to kill the flight.

I also have TacPack installed so that may have also been a factor in addition to having "stress can damage engine" activated.

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png

I have now experienced something similar twice. First time was mid-cruise during a level change for traffic. Second time was whilst in a hold on approach into EGKK, again during a level change (was so unfortunate as this was probably one of the best VATSIM flights I've done; super busy day). It seemed that when I selected Level Change the 777 blew past the selected altitude and went into a steep dive. I couldn't deactivate the A/P and it wouldn't respond to any control input.

I've since done a reformat of my drive for other reasons, and the new install seems to be fine. 

Ryan Lee

I have now experienced something similar twice. First time was mid-cruise during a level change for traffic. Second time was whilst in a hold on approach into EGKK, again during a level change (was so unfortunate as this was probably one of the best VATSIM flights I've done; super busy day). It seemed that when I selected Level Change the 777 blew past the selected altitude and went into a steep dive. I couldn't deactivate the A/P and it wouldn't respond to any control input.

I've since done a reformat of my drive for other reasons, and the new install seems to be fine. 

Ryan Lee

I think it had to do with service pack 1 as it was super buggy and I hadn't updated to 1b yet

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

When such a virtual drama is about to happen, I wish there was a ALT+F4 switch on the MCP.

And how on earth no media has covered such an event?? ;)

Virtual Boeing 777 crashed..who is responsible? Witnesses have seen a virtual missile hit the boeing 777..haha

How about virtual news channel covering virtual events?? Flight crashed during vatsim events..just kidding..

No idea why your flight crashed but there is a FAA investigation going on at Avsim headquarters

In the PMDG 777 room

Hi,

Have you tried to disconnect the PFCs just in case (Primary Flight Computers)? 

Otherwise, you may have a look at that topic, I didn't read everything because I'm not concerned by that issue but I think it is related to the same kind of problem.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/448480-777lw-with-sp1-sudden-abnormal-behaviour/

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Maybe after such a long flight the OS put the USB ports to sleep and when it wakes up FSX won't recognize it. Just a guess, try high performance power profile and check advanced settings to make sure it doesn't power down the USB after inactivity.

I couldn't help myself smiling and laughing when I read the title and the OP's experience in this thread ... comments from others about finding the black box and using Alt-F4 didn't help me from holding back either ;)

I had a similar experience where after a couple of hours flight from VNKT, the EICAS or the one above it displayed a warning that my right engine's oil temperature was overheating.  After another hour, it decided to shut down.  I could have tried to land into VHHH with one engine, but decided to cheat by going to FS Action in the FMC to reset all failures.  The right engine started slowly as if the aircraft was on the tarmac ... really?

In real life, how much lead time or tolerance would the Boeing system give you about such maintenance issues before failing?

Harry Sung