Sign in to follow this  
Paul Golding

The Fantastic DREAMFLEET 727

Guest Debosonic

Gents,I just purchased the DF 727 and I say WOW!A very excellent airliner add-on...As a dream!!Thanks for DF that developed it and thanks for the great repaints of it from various users.I have always liked the older jets and I have enjoyed the Captain Sim's 727 since Feb 2003. Back then i couldn't believe how it could be better, but seeing this 727 of today I am astounded. It is LIGHT YEARS better...Thanks DF

Guest panda234

I agree with all of the above. In fact, the CS 727 was my first payware addon of any kind, the one that got me hooked. At the time, I was blown away. It was one of the top planes in my hangar for 2 years and was the inspiration for me buying, probably, $400 to $500 worth of addons since. Yes, the DF is better, but I sure got my moneys worth from CS. No complaints there, hehe. billg

Guest panda234

Thank you Paul. :-)billg

Yup!!!! I'm down with that ! This DF727 is REALLY... I mean, REALLY REALLY NICE !

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,Well, I'll have to agree, even with it's obvious faults the CS for it's time was a hit with me, espicially since I am such a '27' fan.For it's time, the CS was an awaited add on. But boy, the DF offering is sooo much better, but then again, it should be as for todays time, many improvments in FS have been made and the development time was much longer on the DF version. I honestly believe that if I had but one add on aircraft it would have to be the DF 727 -- I feel it is just that good.Best to allClayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest secks

The DF727 is a true masterpeice. Its adherence to the real 727 performance specs is very impressive. The only nag I have is that the VC gauge refresh rate is so low! I hope that in future products analog gauges will be done in 3d.

I think the VC gauge refresh rate is always going to be an issue with all airliners in FS. The 2 options for improving this in the current version of FS are to either go with the RealAir Spitfire method of actually creating the gauge as part of the model itself (I'd hate to even begin looking at the difference in the number of needles and knobs between a WW11 fighter and a 60's airliner!!!) or reduce the number of VC panels. With something like a 727, the latter isn't much of an option.Obviously, this is something we'll look into for the future development of the 727 and this will largely be based on what we learn from the next version of FS.

Cheers

Paul Golding