Sign in to follow this  
larshgf

**** YOUR Recipe for using FS2004 ****

Hi, everyone.Here are some of the set up changes I made to the sim and how I use it.I am sorry about not mentioning all the developers that contributed to these addons but this file was intended for my own, sanity, use only. I decided to release it after I sent it to some of the people I interface with on professional / personal basis, and decided to post it, in the hope that others may benefit from itDisplay: 2 x 21in monitors, Second monitor for moving map, radio stack etc., In VC Mode. 2 monitors, panel / radios and projector for Scenery, can only be used in 2D Mode, and I do not use it very often.At times I use 3 Monitors and the Projector, but the inability to separate the Scenery window in VC makes that combination inadequate and not used often.AA>4, AF>8, HQ, VS, Cmb>0Controls: Sidewinder Precision Pro USB with Pan view right left assigned to the twist handle. CH Products Pro pedals Game port to USB Interface assigned to Rudder with the Toe brakes, SpeechBuddy2 spbdy2nofsu (TV) interface files.Note: I use VC mode only with the outside Zoom rate of .5-.70 and the panel view set to give me the same size as real instruments, or about 2.75 in. diameter on a 21in monitor, in default / start condition. I always use August 4 19:30 / Dusk as time of day, since I don

>>> I've got OceanFX water textures with Vater.zip reflections>installed on top>>I installed Vater already on top of Flight Environment. It>looks very good. I downloaded the OceanFX package and wanted>to know how to install Vater on top of OceanFX package?>>Thanks,Simply use the ocean fx front end to install the textures you prefer (waveset, tropical or not), then unzip Vater.zip after according to the readme in vater.zip...You'll need to do this each time you change your texture set as oceanFX will install some new env textures that are included with vater.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Hi Simmer'sUsing FS2004 can be a complex thing with all the possibilities there is with different add_on's. Just to mention some.... - Flightplanners (FSBuild, FSNav, FlightSimCommander etc)- Aircrafts (PMDG 737NG, LEVEL D 767 etc)- ATC-programs (Radar Contact)- AI-traffic (Traffic Tools, Freeware etc)- Weather Programs (Active Sky, FSMeteo etc)With all these posibilities it's hard to be a beginner in this "buisiness". How do I get the best expirience combining all these add_on's? Will they work together? What's the best add_on's on the Sim-Market? Where to start?I would like to start a thread on this forum where more experienced flightsimmer's could tell all us newbie's about how they succeed in combining FS2004 with different kind's of add_ons. It could be very fruitful to hear what's possible to do. Some of the issues could be...* Which add_on's do you use together with FS2004? * How do you prepare a good fligt with these extra program's?* Are there some combinations of add_on's who work better together than other combinations?* Do some flightplanners work better with many different other add_on's?* Do you have a kind of "recipe" on how you set up a typical flight combining flight-planning, AI-traffic, Weather program, ATC-program etc (it would be fine with numbered items like "1. first i do the planning in xxx prg... 2. Then I load FS2004 3. Then i do a third thing etc etc).I'm looking forward to lot's of fruitful contributions. No only for myself, but hopefully also for a lot of othe newbie's out there in the flightsim community.Best RegardsLars - DK