Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Lionheart Lear 24 released

I'll likely bite on this one once it hits some of the other shops.  Looks pretty sweet, and since I've been tossing in the GTN750 as a popup on my touchscreen monitor on almost everything I fly anyways, not having a GPS in the VC is actually preferred.  Of course, navigating old school will be fun for awhile too, but I prefer to do that on planes that aren't quite as fast!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Me as well.

I still like the original Lear45 after all these years.

Citation X is my bird of choice these days. Wish EDG would update it.

Mark

I know this will upset the purists, but one of the "nice" features of the eXtreme Prototypes Lear models is the fitment of the GPS nav display in the Weather box. 

If anything, it provides an easy to reference ground speed and ETE, which I find very useful in planning/executing descents from 40 thousand feet.

I wonder if I can bribe Bill...    B)

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

I know this will upset the purists, but one of the "nice" features of the eXtreme Prototypes Lear models is the fitment of the GPS nav display in the Weather box. 

If anything, it provides an easy to reference ground speed and ETE, which I find very useful in planning/executing descents from 40 thousand feet.

I wonder if I can bribe Bill...    B)

Agree John.      I like the GPS in there too.     These are 70s jets but I still like to fly them as you'd be likely to find 'em today;  and that would sure include a GPS in the panel. :smile:

35 bucks seems alright....  wonder if the A/P is default logic (meaning can't capture localizer or radials worth a darn)?

Though visually it only looks slightly better than the XP Jets version.... maybe it's the screenshots though.

EDIT:  I guess it's the screenies... here's a really nice set posted on SoH....  much more detail than the XP Lear series...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?89346-Lionheart-LJ24B-released!&p=903506&posted=1#post903506

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Wonder if we can get rid of the Radar and replace it with a GNS530

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

It won't work because of the 3d bezel it might work for just the screen though....

You'd need a popup to control the functions though

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Nice aircraft, but not sure I like the warning on approach that switches to 2D cockpit (hopefully I can disable that) to empty my wing tanks ... I knew they had fuel but wanted to try the landing anyway ... and well, I landed just fine.

The activation of the cockpit lights (instrument) seem to be based on time of day ... had to switch to dusk to see any change.  Not sure if this a P3D issue or just a bug ... I've seen this issue in other aircraft (very minor).

Uploading video now if anyone wants a lookie see.

Cheers, Rob.

Yes please

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Cool check it out now Bro

Super job as usual Rob - thanks for sharing it

Rich Sennett

Great video, Rob, thanks.

Is there a native P3D v2.3 installer? I assume you were in P3D when making this video.

Bruce.

Ahh...first impressions were not that great for me.

Frames seem to be great and equal to default aircraft and the visuals are ok. Just ok to me. One thing I noticed that I will have to figure out is what the texture quality of the VC is kinda fuzzy, not sharp at all.

The outside is good, but I have to figure out where that "secret" button is that turns off the parking stuff, as I was flying with floating wheel chocks and engine covers.

Will continue to play around with it, and try and see why the display is not as sharp as others say before I make the decision to park it or not.

Yes. It has a native installer.