Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Lionheart Lear 24 released

I'm curious if the reports of fuzziness has just been amongst P3D users, or FSX as well?

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Ive been looking forward to this as well and I have this waiting for it!! :)

10622286_281080092084720_804181363_n.jpg

how about the FDE? the xtremme prototipes was nice....  on VC, graphics, etc but the FDE waassss a really bad.. none compared with a real life Lear... its was fun past in time..... but need a lear that flyes like the real life...! 

that was all about!

Redgards

Robert Bernard

I too enjoy the eXtreme Prototypes Lear, although every time I cycle through the interior views and see that ... person ... it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!

The people in this jet look normal and won't keep you up at night with your covers pulled up to your eyes.

I'm curious if the reports of fuzziness has just been amongst P3D users, or FSX as well?

See my video in HD, not fuzzy for P3D (perhaps those users were running FXAA which might make it a little more fuzzy, FXAA isn't available for FSX).

Cheers, Rob.

Ive been looking forward to this as well and I have this waiting for it!! :)

Very nice!!  Gotta keep us updated on that project.

Cheers, Rob .

every time I cycle through the interior views and see that ... person

A simple fix is to open the aircraft.cfg with Notepad.

Scroll down until you find [CameraDefinition.004]

and add- CycleHidden=Yes

Now the boozy broad will not popup as you scroll thru the views and if you need to see if she's still awake you can access that view from the menu.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Now the boozy broad will not popup as you scroll thru the views and if you need to see if she's still awake you can access that view from the menu.

Thanks, Joe - good tip, and I will definitely let sleeping dogs remain sleeping!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

if your making a short field landing don't try to use thrust reverse lol I tired and the plane started speeding up.

how about the FDE? the xtremme prototipes was nice....  on VC, graphics, etc but the FDE waassss a really bad.. none compared with a real life Lear... its was fun past in time..... but need a lear that flyes like the real life...! 

that was all about!

Redgards

Robert Bernard

Would the Xtremme Lear still be worth picking up now?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

if your making a short field landing don't try to use thrust reverse lol I tired and the plane started speeding up.

Yeah, the real LearJet 24B back in the 60's evidently did not come with reverse thrust, some later had them installed but obviously this one was kept pretty much original as what you would get back then. The odd thing now is you can pickup a 24B for around $200-250K, cheaper than most used twins.

But would be very expensive to fuel and maintain, not to mention any Learjet 24s that have not been modified by installing Stage 3 noise compliant engines or have not had "hushkits" installed for non-compliant engines will not be permitted to fly in the contiguous 48 states after December 31, 2015 :unsure:

Can't comment on the Xtremme never did purchase it..

Cheers

Martin

Heya David, 

I own the eXtreme Prototypes Lear bundle (24, 25, and 28) and generally enjoy them. They do climb like a scalded cat, and it is really (REALLY) easy to enter into overspeed in a moderately aggressive (2,000 fpm) climb. My understanding is that was the reality of the Lear jets when they appeared on the scene: total hot-rods that had to be exercised judiciously.

In the age of Real Air, Carenado, A2A, MilViz, and others, the XP products are what I call "Tier 2" models. Not the most seamlessly executed VC or exterior, but still eminently flyable. When I have a flight of 300+ miles, the XP Lear is what I lean towards. With a good tailwind you can pull 500 tkas. If I have a real long flight I like the Hornet...   :P

That being said, I eagerly await the Eaglesoft updates to their Citation line, and this new Lear from Bill is intriguing. I know the Eaglesoft stuff will be "Tier 1" for certain. Maybe Bill's new Lear is a "Tier 1.5"? Need more evidence!!!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

and this new Lear from Bill is intriguing

Is this our AVSIM Fr Bill's handy work?

I'd guess only you could make that decision.   I posted some screenies from it earlier in the thread.  The FDE isn't bad at all IMHO and there is also an alternate user created FDE available on the web for it, which I now use.

Is this our AVSIM Fr Bill's handy work?

No,  Fr Bill works exclusively for Milviz at this time. ..  It's Bill Ortiz aka Lionheart.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Here ya go:

Cheers, Rob.

Rab,

Thanks for the 24B video in P3Dv2.3 It is most definately fuzzy on my system with P3Dv2.3. I am still seeking better settings but the LJ24B looks much sharper in FSX.

It comes with 4096 textures.

Rob, it also has some easy to access checklists in case you want to get rid of those warning lights on you taxi and takeoff (hint - Inverters On and then the AP can be engaged)

Folks, the Lionheart website has tons on info on this one that you can peruse prior to purchase.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .